Scholarships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in the process of applying to P-school. Just wondering what kind of scholarships are out there for pharmcy students... with all those drug companies, and retail pharmacies... what does it take to get a full scolarship if such a thing is available?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I'm in the process of applying to P-school. Just wondering what kind of scholarships are out there for pharmcy students... with all those drug companies, and retail pharmacies... what does it take to get a full scolarship if such a thing is available?

I've not heard of any full scholarships. A lot of the pharmacy schools have their own scholarships, which are given out for various things (merit, president of APhA student chapter, counseling excellence, resident of certain state, etc.) Then, there are a lot of employers that have various programs available. My employer (CVS) provides 5K per year for years 2,3,4 of pharmacy school - you have to sign for 1 year of service for every 5K you take. The catch this year was that you had to commit to going to one of about 10 specific markets after graduation. I can't imagine that they got too many people to sign on for that.

do you know if that cvs scholarship still around for anyone entering pharm school 2007 or 2008? i tried searching rxnet one day (i work at cvs as a tech) and the only thing i was able to find was some old thing about it written in 2004. none of the rphs know anything about it either.

Members don't see this ad :)
The only scholarship money I have found for pharm school, so far, is either only available after P1, or by signing your life away to some corporation. I am sure combining the two is a viable option.

You may however want to check for "healthcare" and "<insert your race, religion, sex, handicap, child of a veteran, etc>"

I think I am just going to sell a kidney. The proceeds should last at least through P2.

do you know if that cvs scholarship still around for anyone entering pharm school 2007 or 2008? i tried searching rxnet one day (i work at cvs as a tech) and the only thing i was able to find was some old thing about it written in 2004. none of the rphs know anything about it either.

No - I do know that it was not available at all for your first year of pharmacy school - I asked about that specifically. The information I posted previously was from a small poster that was circulated to my store (I would assume to every store from corporate) in the summer time frame last summer. I had similar issues at not finding any specific information on the website. So, I would imagine that you have to go to your intern coordinator in your area or at least your DM to get any uptodate information. My guess is that they are not wanting to advertise this because it is not a very good program since it limits your location so much.