• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar - Starting at 8 PM

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy!

foroneaudience

Foroneaudience
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Does anyone know if there are scholarships available for students going into their first year of pharmacy school? If so, where can I find information about them. And I'm not talking about signing a contract with a pharmacy where you have to work for them after you graduate.

Dr.Biassi

10+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
Does anyone know if there are scholarships available for students going into their first year of pharmacy school? If so, where can I find information about them. And I'm not talking about signing a contract with a pharmacy where you have to work for them after you graduate.

You should contact your school about that. You won't see that much information about scholarships on search engine. I've been searching for weeks now and find nothing. Individual school have some kind of scholarships and minority and disadvantaged students can apply to the Health student scholarships from the government ( Well you need to qualify for low income family).Paying for pharmacy school is mostly loan. You will get out with a lot of loan but will be able to pay it off when ya graduate

About the Ads

Farmercyst

From the shadows
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2006
The bottom of a pile of debt.
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist

Student.gov was a good resource. I posted a few others about 3 months ago. I'll try to find and bump if you can't find it.

foroneaudience

Foroneaudience
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
At my school we aren't available for school scholarships until we've completed one year of pharmacy school, that's why I'm looking for scholarships outside of the school.

Also, I searched but couldn't find the thread, sorry for repeating the subject. Can anyone paste the link?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.