Scholarships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohhssi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
first post!

I have a pretty high gpa and dat score. I received the deans at penn, but I am wondering when others hand out scholarships. I got into several schools, but penn was the only one that offered me scholarship.

any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools don't give out merit based scholarships or if they do, they're pretty minimal. As far as I know Penn's deans is by far the highest value that is awarded by a school. I could be wrong but based on the schools I've researched that's what it looks like.

UCLA does have give out few merit based but they're definitely not as big as Penn's Dean.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tufts and Boston Univ give out merit scholarships. UF doesn't (but it gives need-based scholarships). Harvard does not give out scholarships.
Hope this helps, that is all I know :)

what schools are you waiting on? i will be turning down a UMD scholarship this week so someone else out there can have a chance at it.

I know med schools (such as at minnesota) give out merit scholarships to out-of-state residents so that the tuition would be the same as for in-state residents. I'm not sure if dental schools do this though, I haven't heard anything about it so perhaps they don't..

I know med schools (such as at minnesota) give out merit scholarships to out-of-state residents so that the tuition would be the same as for in-state residents. I'm not sure if dental schools do this though, I haven't heard anything about it so perhaps they don't..

I know for a fact UTexas-San Antonio's dental school does this.

Pacific has a $30,000 dean's scholarship but for now they have all been given out until people turn down their offer.

UCLA has also already given their scholarships out also. They said as people decline acceptance offers more should come available but they are small. Most of them are $10,000 the first year only.

what schools are you waiting on? i will be turning down a UMD scholarship this week so someone else out there can have a chance at it.

If you don't mind me asking cobalt, how much was the UMD scholarship?

I just might :D

Hey Cobalt...I think I just might have sat next to you at UCSF's interview...any clue on which school you are leaning towards?? I'm thinking i'll most likely choose UCSF...

Hey Cobalt...I think I just might have sat next to you at UCSF's interview...any clue on which school you are leaning towards?? I'm thinking i'll most likely choose UCSF...

hey hey! were you sitting on the right half in the middle row? congrats on your acceptance! you should def go there. awesome school.

UCSF was my favorite out of all the schools I visited, mostly because the school was beautiful and i loved SF, but it's just too expensive... if i won the lottery, i'd go there, but otherwise i'll probably end up at San Antonio or LSU and save 150k. i'm having a lot of trouble deciding between the two of those.

good luck with your decision!

hey hey! were you sitting on the right half in the middle row? congrats on your acceptance! you should def go there. awesome school.

UCSF was my favorite out of all the schools I visited, mostly because the school was beautiful and i loved SF, but it's just too expensive... if i won the lottery, i'd go there, but otherwise i'll probably end up at San Antonio or LSU and save 150k. i'm having a lot of trouble deciding between the two of those.

good luck with your decision!

Yep, that was me! haha. Congrats with all the acceptances! You have so many good options to choose from...that's awesome.

Saving that kind of money is EXTREMELY important...and SA/LSU are solid programs. Does choosing LSU and going back closer to home must have some sort of appeal...

Looking forward to a good game: Penn State Vs. USC

oh man, PSU/USC will be sick! i only wish i could make it out to attend the game! i'm so glad we don't have to play oregon state again.

go lions