• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

KHep

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2003
chicagoland
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
I wanted to see if Scholl has any sort of orientation prior to the first week of classes. I'm trying to schedule camp for my daughter the week before classes start, but don't want to be out the $700 if I can't take her there. Thanks!

D

Dr_Feelgood

I wanted to see if Scholl has any sort of orientation prior to the first week of classes. I'm trying to schedule camp for my daughter the week before classes start, but don't want to be out the $700 if I can't take her there. Thanks!

I would call SCPM. Just to make sure you don't lose the money get the truth from the horses mouth.

KHep

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2003
chicagoland
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
I would call SCPM. Just to make sure you don't lose the money get the truth from the horses mouth.

I guess I worry that if I call them about this prior to my interview on March 6 that it will seem like I'm putting family before school. I know that probably sounds crazy, but I don't want them to think that my family is going to interfere with being a pod student. And I also don't want to come off as presumptuous, since my interview hasn't taken place. I hope that makes sense.

About the Ads

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
I guess I worry that if I call them about this prior to my interview on March 6 that it will seem like I'm putting family before school. I know that probably sounds crazy, but I don't want them to think that my family is going to interfere with being a pod student. And I also don't want to come off as presumptuous, since my interview hasn't taken place. I hope that makes sense.

Hey, i read in the Scholl Catalog. they have a week orientation.

KHep

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2003
chicagoland
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
Hey, i read in the Scholl Catalog. they have a week orientation. i

Thanks. I'll check out the catolog. Since you were already accepted, do you have the start date for school? If it is the same as this past year, classes would start Aug 13.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
Thanks. I'll check out the catolog. Since you were already accepted, do you have the start date for school? If it is the same as this past year, classes would start Aug 13.

August 13, tats wat i heard and its also on College Schedule for Fall-2007. but whats interesting is Med students start in july. And we take anatomy with them. I wonder how tat works.

KHep

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2003
chicagoland
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
August 13, tats wat i heard and its also on College Schedule for Fall-2007. but whats interesting is Med students start in july. And we take anatomy with them. I wonder how tat works.

They must just start anatomy later. I know on this year's schedule, Anatomy lecture 1 was at 8am on Aug 16.

I thought that the med students had a week long orientation, but I'm surprised that the DPM students do too.:eek:

AE17UD

SCPM 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2005
Chicago
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
Hi, I'm currently a first year at Scholl and here's the deal. You will have orientation, I believe ours was a Wed-Fri (all day), and then we started actual class on the following Monday. This coming fall we start Monday, August 13th-this is becoming standard for P1's, P2's, M1's, and M'2...so yes, in the past the medical students and P2's have had 2 weeks of class before the P1's began, but this year I believe everyone is starting on the same date. And you will have gross with the first year medical students. Hope this helps!

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
Hi, I'm currently a first year at Scholl and here's the deal. You will have orientation, I believe ours was a Wed-Fri (all day), and then we started actual class on the following Monday. This coming fall we start Monday, August 13th-this is becoming standard for P1's, P2's, M1's, and M'2...so yes, in the past the medical students and P2's have had 2 weeks of class before the P1's began, but this year I believe everyone is starting on the same date. And you will have gross with the first year medical students. Hope this helps!

Hey! can you please give a general idea, what happens during orientation.

funfeet

10+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
The dates are:

The first day of orientation is August 6th and the first day of class is August 13th. (Orientation is mandatory.)

I got that from Kim at Scholl. I needed to know for work-related reasons.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
The dates are:

The first day of orientation is August 6th and the first day of class is August 13th. (Orientation is mandatory.)

Wow Orientation from Aug-6th till aug-12th, tats gonna be one great orientation. :thumbup:

KHep

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2003
chicagoland
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
The dates are:

Hey, thanks for the info!

FootFetish

investigative reporter
10+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2006
Waukegan, IL
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
Orientation this year is being handled by the University's Office of Student Development rather than by Scholl' OSS. The reason? Scholl orientation is going to be done with Chicago Medical School orientation. All of the events will be held together. I guess it's just another step in 'unifying' the programs and students, but personally, I think it's going to suffer. Orientation has always been a blast, but now that the Scholl students and faculty have less in planning of it, yikes, who knows what it will be like.

About the Ads

KHep

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2003
chicagoland
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
I spoke with Kim on Tues and she said that they were still working out the details of orientation and it may be that only a portion of orientation will be with the CMS students. In other words, the Scholl students will probably break away for certain things.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
Seems like they kept them busy. I like how they had the social event in downtown Chicago, that will be fun for everyone to get to know each other.

yep downtown event must have been fun. I hope this year's orientation will also be great.

txlioness

10+ Year Member
May 25, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
while there for my interview 3/23, mandy said the orientation will be from Aug 8-10th, only 3 days long. Classes start on Aug 13th.

feetman

10+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
Dont worry guys, orientation will be fun. As part of the Class of 2010, we will make sure transition for you guys will be as fun as possible. Just relax and get ready for an awesome and rewarding first year of education. You will be surprised with all the stuffs they teach you in such a relatively short amount of time. Good luck to you all.

KHep

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2003
chicagoland
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
Dont worry guys, orientation will be fun. As part of the Class of 2010, we will make sure transition for you guys will be as fun as possible. Just relax and get ready for an awesome and rewarding first year of education. You will be surprised with all the stuffs they teach you in such a relatively short amount of time. Good luck to you all.

Thanks! I know I can't wait!!!:thumbup:

justincredible

SCPM c/o 2011
10+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2007
North Chicago, IL
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
while there for my interview 3/23, mandy said the orientation will be from Aug 8-10th, only 3 days long. Classes start on Aug 13th.

Oh cool. So its the 8th-10th. For some reason I thought it started on the 6th. Im not sure why. I think Mandy may have told me that but that was a couple weeks back and I know plans change. Anyhow, thats great, I really cant wait!

KHep

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2003
chicagoland
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
Oh cool. So its the 8th-10th. For some reason I thought it started on the 6th. Im not sure why. I think Mandy may have told me that but that was a couple weeks back and I know plans change. Anyhow, thats great, I really cant wait!

ya, Kim told me the 6th too when we were there. We should plan on getting together on the 6th anyway. Maybe we could have bbq.

justincredible

SCPM c/o 2011
10+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2007
North Chicago, IL
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
ya, Kim told me the 6th too when we were there. We should plan on getting together on the 6th anyway. Maybe we could have bbq.

That sounds more than good to me! :thumbup: Not like I'll have anything better to do anyways unless Im just barely moving in which I doubt. Lets round up some people that'd be willing to get together! It'll be like a pre-orientation meeting slash get-together! :D

funfeet

10+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
That sounds more than good to me! :thumbup: Not like I'll have anything better to do anyways unless Im just barely moving in which I doubt. Lets round up some people that'd be willing to get together! It'll be like a pre-orientation meeting slash get-together! :D

That sounds fun. I'm in! I plan on moving down there somewhere like Aug 1-4.

MrFeeties

10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2006
North Chicago, IL
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
I'm moving around the first also, hopefully into student housing, but I might try to scavenge a few refrigerator boxes and construct a nice bachelor pad if I can't get in!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.