Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Scholorships

Discussion in 'Pre-Podiatry Students' started by lancerdancer01, Dec 31, 2008.

1. lancerdancer01

2+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    I was just wondering, how much do most pod schools give out in scholorships to students? I know it will vary from school to school so what school gives the most? i have not taken the mcat yet but have an overall gpa of 3.8 and was wondering(granted if i get a 25-30 on the mcat) what type of scholorship i could receive?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. phillypd

phillypd doing BIG Dr things
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    well from what i understand, the scholorships usually depend on how good your GPA and scores are.......so since your gpa is good just get a good mcat (above 21) and you should be good. The school i applied to give people with good grades 10 and 12,000 dollars for their first year. If they keep up the good grades they get alot for their 2nd year to......people with lower GPA's got about 3,000 or so..

4. JEWmongous

JEWmongous Member
    10+ Year Member

CSPM seems to be throwing around the most scholarship money this year. If you have at least a 25 on the MCAT plus I believe a 3.25 GPA or 3.50, they will give you 12.5K over a four year period. One thing to remember are the estimated costs for tuition + living at CSPM is 63K a year

Scholl offered a half tuition scholarship that only depended on GPA (for me, since I didn't have MCAT at the time). It was only for the 1st year but there are a number of smaller scholarships available for upperclassmen.

5. footloose

5+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    AZPod does not give out many scholarships at all, although there are occasional small ones (~1000) you can win after 2nd year.

6. hhhsmath06

12000 over a four year period? You mean $3000/ yr then?

7. JEWmongous

JEWmongous Member
    10+ Year Member

No I mean 60K spread over a 4 year period