School Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uconnbball3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am having trouble choosing which school to go to. My choices are Illinois, Suny, Neco, and Berkeley. I live in NY so Suny is ahead. But Berkeley has the name and reputation.

Please Help! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

did you already get accepted to berkeley?

Hey guys, I am having trouble choosing which school to go to. My choices are Illinois, Suny, Neco, and Berkeley. I live in NY so Suny is ahead. But Berkeley has the name and reputation.

Please Help! Thanks

Hi,
I live in NY too but if I had the opportunity to go to Berkeley, I would go. It is also located in great, sunny, and friendly place... I can't wait until winter is over already!
Congratulations!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
But ICO's eyepod is fantastic compare to what Berkeley has to offer..
Haven't been to SUNY or Boston.....

Regardless, Congratulations on your achievements!! A lot of ppl would die to be in your position right now~! :)

OD4EYES: Did you get a chance to see both ICO and PCO before you made your decision for PCO? Also, I've already been accepted to ICO, and I am not sure if I should give a visit to PCO as well?

Thanks!

Hi,
I live in NY too but if I had the opportunity to go to Berkeley, I would go. It is also located in great, sunny, and friendly place... I can't wait until winter is over already!
Congratulations!!!!!!!

How come you decided on PCO and not suny?

I live in CA and have worked with 2 doctors who graduated within the last few years from berkeley and i can tell you that they absolutely loved it! on top of that they were excellent doctors who are among the best i have ever met. The biggest thing they have told me is that many of the students in berkley are very academic and dont necessarily have the personality for a dr. if you have that you are at an advantage. in the bay area we call berkeley "berzerley" becuase it is such a whacky sort of town. that being said it is very unique and about 15 minutes from san francisco. If i had been accepted i would have been hard pressed not to attend. If you want to speak with soemone at berk, i have a friend who is there.. you can send me a personal message with ur email and i can have her email you! good luck with your decision and no matter where u go you wont go wrong!

I live in CA and have worked with 2 doctors who graduated within the last few years from berkeley and i can tell you that they absolutely loved it! on top of that they were excellent doctors who are among the best i have ever met. The biggest thing they have told me is that many of the students in berkley are very academic and dont necessarily have the personality for a dr. if you have that you are at an advantage. in the bay area we call berkeley "berzerley" becuase it is such a whacky sort of town. that being said it is very unique and about 15 minutes from san francisco. If i had been accepted i would have been hard pressed not to attend. If you want to speak with soemone at berk, i have a friend who is there.. you can send me a personal message with ur email and i can have her email you! good luck with your decision and no matter where u go you wont go wrong!

thanks for your help

Please Help! Thanks

Have you been accepted to Berkeley already? I thought they weren't going to begin accepting students till late Feb/early March.

Congrats on your acceptances. It's tough to decide between those schools.

Have you been accepted to Berkeley already? I thought they weren't going to begin accepting students till late Feb/early March.

Congrats on your acceptances. It's tough to decide between those schools.

got a phone call

also ICO is so updated and their clinic area is amazing. I don't know how to make my decision!

You're lucky to be in a position to choose from so many schools! I think at this point, cost is going to be a factor, as well as location. I don't know about some of you but weather was a huge factor for me, I hate cold and snow.

Do some calculations and see if one school will save you a lot of money over the others. All of those schools you mentioned are excellent (ok, I haven't heard many good things about NECO) so at this point it's more about which school fits you the best. Good luck on your decision!

I'm currently pre-med at berkeley right now. I won't lie, it is extremely difficult to compete, what with the competition for grades and the devotion students give to their school work. Having said that, I am having the time of my life. The area is amazing and the atmosphere in the city can really make you happy to be there. If you're the kind of student who will work their ass off but still have a great time, then berkeley is the school for you. Plus, the school has outstanding resources and opportunities when it comes to getting research experience or shadowing doctors. There are easily 10 different hospitals and free clinics just a bus/bart ride away to get any volunteer or clinical experience as well. The school has everything you need to achieve, just make sure you can keep your grades up and you should be prime for med school.