School demographics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

besteyedee

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of applying to as many schools as possible without wasting money. Anybody know a site where they tell you updated information of each dental school?

For example, I've heard that UCLA's student body was 100% from California residents. I live on the east coast and was looking at schools in Cali, but UCLA seemed like a waste of money to apply to since 100% is Californian residents.

I am just trying going to try to stay away from schools that barely accept students from different states.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of applying to as many schools as possible without wasting money. Anybody know a site where they tell you updated information of each dental school?

For example, I've heard that UCLA's student body was 100% from California residents. I live on the east coast and was looking at schools in Cali, but UCLA seemed like a waste of money to apply to since 100% is Californian residents.

I am just trying going to try to stay away from schools that barely accept students from different states.

Good approach! I suggest consulting scumbag steve's guide and the ADEA's guide to dental school to check for OOS friendly state schools.

Generally Maryland, VCU, Pitt, and Louisville are the main state schools that accept a good number of OOS students!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good approach! I suggest consulting scumbag steve's guide and the ADEA's guide to dental school to check for OOS friendly state schools.

Generally Maryland, VCU, Pitt, and Louisville are the main state schools that accept a good number of OOS students!
Whoa! thanks for your quick reply!! I appreciate it! I will take a look at that guide for sure. (right now actually)

Hey guys,

UCLA's student body was most recently 78 in state, 7 out of state, and 2 international according to the latest version of the ADEA guide. It's certainly more difficult to get accepted as an out of state student, but your intel of the student body being 100% Cali residents is incorrect.

Just took a look at that as well...seems like there's no online version :(

I think the online version is set to come out in June or July, so it's not much of a wait! Unless you really need it now and want to order the physical copy, I would just use some of the data on the pinned threads (doc toothache and scumbag steve's guides) until then :)

UCLA's student body was most recently 78 in state, 7 out of state, and 2 international according to the latest version of the ADEA guide. It's certainly more difficult to get accepted as an out of state student, but your intel of the student body being 100% Cali residents is incorrect.

Thank you so much for that. I've been going with this site which I found last year...
Dental school application
must be outdated...
(random numbers inputted btw)

I think the online version is set to come out in June or July, so it's not much of a wait! Unless you really need it now and want to order the physical copy, I would just use some of the data on the pinned threads (doc toothache and scumbag steve's guides) until then :)

Yeahhhhhhhh, trying to send my applications in by 6/1 and get it over with and then put 100% into my 2nd time DATs so I don't have another thing to worry about while studying.

Thank you so much for that. I've been going with this site which I found last year...
Dental school application
must be outdated...
(random numbers inputted btw)
Just briefly looking at a few schools on that page, it's extremely outdated. Do not use that as a source because it's very inaccurate. Do yourself a favor and buy the ADEA guide... not doing so puts you at a disadvantage to more well-informed applicants.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Yeahhhhhhhh, trying to send my applications in by 6/1 and get it over with and then put 100% into my 2nd time DATs so I don't have another thing to worry about while studying.

Check your PMs :)