School List Advice

Started by i0anas
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

i0anas

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I'm a reapplicant (applied 2019-2020 cycle to both MD and DO, although I applied very late in the DO cycle). Received 2 MD II, 1 post II-R and 1 waitlist, 1 DO II, also waitlisted. I'm an ORM and a Virginia resident.

Stats
MCAT 516, cGPA: 3.65, sGPA: 3.58.

1500+ clinical hours, 1000+ clinical/nonclinical volunteering (at a free clinic where I have both clinical and nonclinical responsibilities), very little research and no pubs. I also have some unique writing EC's.

I have submitted my primary, waiting for verification. Here's my current MD school list (starred schools indicate I'd be a new applicant):
Albany
Albert Einstein*
BU
California University
Drexel
EVMS
Geisinger
GW
Loyola
NYMC
Oakland
Pittsburgh*
Quinnipiac
Rosalind Franklin
Seton Hall*
Stony Brook
SUNY Downstate
Penn State
Thomas Jefferson
VCU
Wake Forest

Any advice on schools I should add/drop? I'm planning to apply DO as well but have a better idea of what schools I will be applying to. I've only sent my primary to Wake Forest currently. Thanks for your help!!