School List Assist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyStateofMind

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Consider applying to Baylor and UT Southwestern. They like throwing merit aid at high stat Yankees.

UT/San Antonio seems to be doing the same given MCAT average of 517.

NYU, Wash U - St. Louis, Northwestern, Vanderbilt are all heavily stat oriented.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
All your state public schools
Harvard
Boston University
Tufts
Yale
Rochester
Hofstra
Mount Sinai
NYU
Columbia
Cornell
Pittsburgh
Case Western
Ohio State
Cincinnati
U Virginia
Duke
Vanderbilt
Emory
Washington University
Northwestern
U Chicago
U Michigan
USC Keck
UCSF
UCLA

Members don't see this ad :)
"AMCAS personal statement will be focused on how I was inspired to focus on a particular research topic since high school (very genuine stemming from a personal experience)."

Somehow this caught my attention. What feedback have you gotten about this as your topic and how you are going to tie this together with your interest in becoming a physician? Also, are you going to apply MD/PhD also?

Thanks for replying. No feedback other than from my parents. It's a condition I was born with, which lead to the great research opportunities and shadowing experiences. Not interested in MD/PhD because the whole point of me wanting to go to medical school is to become a pediatrician to connect with kids like me who made regular visits. But based on my background, do you think I would be a stronger candidate for MD/PhD programs?
I want to be sure about a research interest since you have two authorship and a grant recipient listed. You don't have to do MD/PhD unless you really want to commit to that passion, which it doesn't sound like it.