DO School list, Chances?! Please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zinc14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I was recently verified by AACOMAS and am awaiting secondaries now from a few schools I have already submitted to. However, I am wondering how my school list looks and any suggestions for additions/deletions you have! Definitely a bit confused here!

Stats:
3.51 cGPA/3.47 sGPA: AACOMAS GPAs (with grade replacement)
3.32 cGPA/3.22 sGPA: AMCAS GPAs
506 MCAT (126 CP, 123 CARS, 129 Bio, 128 PS)
Strong LORs, ECs, PS
PA resident
Ivy undergrad
Not URM

I am trying to apply broadly to many schools. I am wondering which schools may have a strong in-state bias or have stats way above my own. Any places you think I might have a strong chance or no chance? PCOM, LECOM PA, and Rowan are my top choices due to proximity.

Also, should I even bother applying to MD schools at this point? I know it's pretty late in the MD cycle to submit my AMCAS and my stats are quite low for MD anyway. However, I don't know if I should apply a few very low-tier MD schools. But overall, I really don't mind any school I end up at :)

Current DO list:
CCOM
OUHCOM
MUCOM
Touro (all 3)
NYITCOM
CUSOM
VCOM (VA & SC)
COM Pacific
UNECOM
Rowan
PCOM (PA & GA)
WCUCOM
KYCOM
Nova
AZCOM
LECOM PA
SOMA AZ
LMUCOM
ACOM
WVSOM
BCOM
maybe one or more of the new AR, UT, or TX schools??

Please let me know what you think! I would like to add/remove any schools before submitting my final list on AACOMAS. Thank you so much!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a thorough list and should receive many interviews with your stats. OUHCOM and Rowan have a strong instate bias (90%).

Reactions: 1 user
PCOM has (or had) a minimum cutoff of 8 for each section of the old MCAT, so I'm inclined to say delete them. Scratch OU.

EDIT: Being from PA is fine for UNECOM.

Hello everyone!

I was recently verified by AACOMAS and am awaiting secondaries now from a few schools I have already submitted to. However, I am wondering how my school list looks and any suggestions for additions/deletions you have! Definitely a bit confused here!

Stats:
3.51 cGPA/3.47 sGPA: AACOMAS GPAs (with grade replacement)
3.32 cGPA/3.22 sGPA: AMCAS GPAs
506 MCAT (126 CP, 123 CARS, 129 Bio, 128 PS)
Strong LORs, ECs, PS
PA resident
Ivy undergrad
Not URM

I am trying to apply broadly to many schools. I am wondering which schools may have a strong in-state bias or have stats way above my own. Any places you think I might have a strong chance or no chance? PCOM, LECOM PA, and Rowan are my top choices due to proximity.

Also, should I even bother applying to MD schools at this point? I know it's pretty late in the MD cycle to submit my AMCAS and my stats are quite low for MD anyway. However, I don't know if I should apply a few very low-tier MD schools. But overall, I really don't mind any school I end up at :)

Current DO list:
CCOM
OUHCOM
MUCOM
Touro (all 3)
NYITCOM
CUSOM
VCOM (VA & SC)
COM Pacific
UNECOM
Rowan
PCOM (PA & GA)
WCUCOM
KYCOM
Nova
AZCOM
LECOM PA
SOMA AZ
LMUCOM
ACOM
WVSOM
BCOM
maybe one or more of the new AR, UT, or TX schools??

Please let me know what you think! I would like to add/remove any schools before submitting my final list on AACOMAS. Thank you so much!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much @Faha and @Goro!! Do you mean that PCOM may screen me out pre-secondary? Are there any other schools you can think of that may screen out a 123 CARS (6 on old test) pre-secondary?