School List Check and WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cr02

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know if there are schools that I should take off/add. It feels and looks very top heavy, but I don't know how I would go about removing replacing specific schools. I would like more schools that I felt safer about, but I feel like that is impossible considering how competitive everywhere is. I am a white male btw if that helps/sways opinions.
  • State/Country of Residence: Mississippi
  • Undergraduate Major(s)/Minor(s): BS Biology w/ minors in Chem, Math, and Neuroscience
  • Cumulative GPA: 4.00
  • Science GPA: 4.00
  • MCAT Score(s): 522 (132/128/132/130)
  • Research Experience: 450 hours in a neuroscience lab over 2 years; concerned that I don't have any publications or posters; the most I've done in that aspect is give a presentation to my lab and write an essay stating what I have done so far
  • Clinical Experience (paid or volunteer): 100 hours of hospice; 50 hours in an ER
  • Physician Shadowing: 120 hours in 6/7 specialties including 70 hours of primary care
  • Non-Clinical Volunteering: 250 hours in an afterschool tutoring program for underprivileged children; I have held a leadership position for a couple of semesters
  • Other Extracurricular Activities: President of my AMSA chapter (~400 members); President of my Greek Organization (~150 members); hold a position in a free clinic outreach program that raises funds and volunteers at the clinic
  • Other Employment History: worked at a summer camp between freshman and sophomore year
  • Immediate family members in medicine? (Y/N): N
  • Medical School List: NYU, Vandy, Columbia, Yale, Harvard, Pritzker, Baylor, Icahn, Northwestern, Cornell, Stanford, Virginia, Mayo, UCSF, UCLA, Boston, Hofstra, Chapel Hill, Virginia, Pitt, USF, UCF, Einstein, Arizona-Phoenix, Emory, Tulane, Georgetown, Colorado, Mississippi
  • TMDSAS (family in Texas): Southwestern, McGovern, Dell, Long, Galveston
Thank you to anyone who helps!

Members don't see this ad.

You should receive several interviews from your list. You could add any of these schools:
Washington University (almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
Case Western
Rochester
Miami
Duke

You should receive several interviews from your list. You could add any of these schools:
Washington University (almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
Case Western
Rochester
Miami
Duke
Those all definitely look good. Thank you!