School List Feedback

Started by bee17
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bee17

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone could give input on my school list, I would very much appreciate it. I am only applying to MD/PhD programs.
Info:
  • cGPA: 3.98
  • sGPA: 4.00
  • MCAT: 519 (98th %, or 37 on old scale)
  • Unranked state school
  • Traditional applicant, ORM, female
  • Sufficient ECs/LORs
  • Research:
    • a little over two years in one lab, starting with a summer program and continuing to present
    • 4 poster presentations (one more coming in August), 1 was at an international conference
    • planning to submit for 1st author publication in August
    • My undergrad research is in a completely different field than what I want to do for my Ph.D. research. This is what concerns me most.
The list (I prefer to stay in the Midwest):
  • Michigan
  • Wayne State
  • Toledo
  • Cincinnati
  • Case Western
  • Northwestern
  • Chicago
  • Rosalind Franklin
  • U of Illinois at Chicago
  • Loyola
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • Wisconsin Madison
  • Medical College of Wisconsin
  • Wash U St. Louis
  • Pitt
  • Vanderbilt
  • Emory
  • Yale
I'm worried that I have too many reaches, but I would really like to go to the best school possible. My advisor doesn't know much about MD/PhD admissions, and I do not know anyone personally who has applied for MD/PhD programs, so I'm at a bit of a loss. Thank you for any advice!
 
You have very similar stats to mine as I applied last cycle. I would say add 2-3 reaches in there if ya want.