School list for a reinventor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedtriguy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently in the process of putting together my school list, but I could use some help. My undergraduate grades were very low (2.8cGPA, 2.5sGPA), but since then I have completed about 60 hours of postbac and SMP with a GPA of 3.85(all upper-level science), which still only puts my overall GPA around a 3.2. The SMP does not advertise any linkage to our medical school though. I am ORM, my MCAT is a 511, and I have several thousand hours each of clinical and research experience, with about 200 hours of volunteer work and several years of leadership experience with an on-campus club. When making my school list, I tried following the "If your GPA is above the bottom 10%, you have a chance" theory, but that still leaves me with only a handful of schools to apply to and is well out of range of all of my state schools. I am applying to about 15-20 DO programs, as I figure I will have the best chances there, but can anyone provide advice on how to decide which MD programs I should apply to as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your only realistic chance for MD would be some of your Texas schools. Include TCU-UNT. You should receive several DO interviews.