School List Help? (522, 3.89 cGPA, 3.81 sGPA, URM FL Resident)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quaranteened_gator

Reaction score
State/Country of Residence: FL
Ties to other States/Regions: MA
URM? (Y/N): Y (Latino)
Year in School: Junior
Undergraduate Major(s)/Minor(s): Biology
Graduate Degrees (if applicable): N/A
Cumulative GPA: 3.89
Science GPA: 3.81
MCAT Score(s): 522 (130/128/132/132)
Research Experience: 300 hours so far, projecting another like 400
Publications/Abstracts/Posters (include how you were credited e.g. first author, second author, etc.): A poster at my school's undergrad symposium with other undergrads
Clinical Experience (paid or volunteer): 150 hours volunteering between 2 hospitals, projecting over 200 more
Physician Shadowing: 50 hours virtual (I know, it sucks)
Non-Clinical Volunteering: children's science museum, practicing English with ESL students, org that partners with local hospital for fundraisers/care kits for patients, maybe like 100-150 hours total? projecting more
Other Extracurricular Activities: instructor for a first responder certification course for 3 semesters and counting (100+ hours, projecting 100+ more), mentor and student advisory board member for research program, writer for honors literary magazine (not anymore tho)

Medical School List:
UF
UCF
USF
FSU
FAU
FIU
Miami
U Mass
Tufts
Boston U
Emory
George Washington
Georgetown
USC
UCLA

What else?? Trying not to go over 20 schools cause $$ lol. Would also prefer the East Coast (not really a midwest person lol), but willing to apply to CA too. Scared of going too top heavy but I know that some of the Florida schools on my list are lower tier so hoping that balances out. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Remove Georgetown since they are looking for applicants with many more hours of clinical exposure and non clinical volunteering than you have.
You could add any of these schools:
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Jefferson
The difficulty with applying to top tier schools is that you have the stats and are URM but you have no in person shadowing and limited clinical and non clinical volunteering. You can add any other schools that appeal to you.

Reactions: 1 user
Shoot for the stars.

Harvard
Yale
Columbia
Cornell
NYU
Duke
Vanderbilt
Emory

To name some but you can pick a good sample from top schools. Have florida schools to fall back on

Reactions: 1 user