• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

MD School list help for a strange cycle!

sealfriendo

2+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2019
  1. Medical Student
you're tryna achieve biological immortality???

You really need an MCAT score to get a good list. Use WedgeDawg's tool to get an idea but I'd wait until you get your score.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Lorien

Dec 25, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
you're tryna achieve biological immortality???

You really need an MCAT score to get a good list. Use WedgeDawg's tool to get an idea but I'd wait until you get your score.

That is my endgame, anyway. We'll see how it goes.

I know I do, but given the circumstances and the consistency of my FLs, I figured that would be good enough for a ballpark. They've all been taken under test conditions, the last two while wearing a mask and contacts even.

I like WedgeDawg's tool, but I dislike how it's mostly self report. I'd like second or third opinions from people who know more about this than I do haha.

Last edited:
About the Ads

sealfriendo

2+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2019
  1. Medical Student
That is my endgame, anyway. I want to figure that out, end aging for everyone and then concentrate our efforts on colonizing space.

I know I do, but given the circumstances and the consistency of my FLs, I figured that would be good enough for a ballpark. They've all been taken under test conditions, the last two while wearing a mask and contacts even.

I like WedgeDawg's tool, but I dislike how it's mostly self report. I'd like second or third opinions from people who know more about this than I do haha.

I'll be looking for you in 20 years then to hear about your accomplishments. From my untrained eye, thing that will hold you back is your volunteering/clinical experience. A lot of top applicants have hundreds, if not thousands of hours of clinical experience. Anecdotally though, I do know of an applicant who got into UChicago this year without any clinical volunteering except for his projected hours.

Reactions: 1 users

Lorien

Dec 25, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
I'll be looking for you in 20 years then to hear about your accomplishments. From my untrained eye, thing that will hold you back is your volunteering/clinical experience. A lot of top applicants have hundreds, if not thousands of hours of clinical experience. Anecdotally though, I do know of an applicant who got into UChicago this year without any clinical volunteering except for his projected hours.

Yeah? That's good to hear. I admit that I didn't include projected hours for anything on my app because it felt disingenuous. But I agree that it's the biggest weakness. I just hope that it isn't tooooo bad in the eyes of adcoms. But of course, I know nothing.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.