School list! help needed.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osteopathicmatchalatte

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear fellow SDN members,

Don't mean to double post but I started a WAMC thread to obtain some critique of the list of school that I came up. It seems as if people are also posting under pre-osteopathic to gain advises. I apologize if this is too much.

Thank you guys so much!

stats:
~3.55GPA for both sGPA and cGPA. 26 MCAT(7V, 10B, 9P)

EC:
2 Science letter, 1 non-science letter, and a DO letter
~250 hours of clinical hours
~90 hours of shadowing hours for a DO
~500 hours of laboratory assistant
1 year of Biology TA experience
2 year of leadership experience in an on-campus organization
California resident.

Right now I have 22 schools
school list(want to apply to ~20 schools)
A.T Kirksville
A.T Arizona
ACOM
CUSOM
CCOM
DMU
VCOM-Auburn
VCOM-CC
VCOM-VC
KCUMB
LECOM
LECOM-B
LMU
MUCOM
PCOM
Nova
PNWU
RVU
Touro-Nevada
WVSOM
Western-COMP

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
NYIT can be removed imo
instate biased

Reactions: 1 user
-I agree with the above that NYIT could be removed. >80% of matriculants last year were from NY alone, which doesn't even include the chunk from NJ
-So are you applying to all VCOM campuses? Normally VCOM = VCOM VA, but I don't see Auburn specified.
-Does PNHC = Pacific Northwest University-COM?
-I would consider adding PCOM, because their regional bias and avg stats are JUST at the mark where it would be worth applying -- unless of course you have a specific reason otherwise for not applying there. So perhaps trade it with NYIT, or if you strictly want 20 schools -- drop NYIT and trade VCOM-AU or WVSOM for PCOM. Just a thought.
-I think it's a really good list regardless

Irrelevant, and likely mere typos, but:
CUCOM --> CUSOM
WVCOM --> WVSOM
PNHC --> PNWU ??

Members don't see this ad :)
-I agree with the above that NYIT could be removed. >80% of matriculants last year were from NY alone, which doesn't even include the chunk from NJ
-So are you applying to all VCOM campuses? Normally VCOM = VCOM VA, but I don't see Auburn specified.
-Does PNHC = Pacific Northwest University-COM?
-I would consider adding PCOM, because their regional bias and avg stats are JUST at the mark where it would be worth applying -- unless of course you have a specific reason otherwise for not applying there. So perhaps trade it with NYIT, or if you strictly want 20 schools -- drop NYIT and trade VCOM-AU or WVSOM for PCOM. Just a thought.
-I think it's a really good list regardless

Irrelevant, and likely mere typos, but:
CUCOM --> CUSOM
WVCOM --> WVSOM
PNHC --> PNWU ??

Sorry for the typos, just fixed them.... Yes I'm applying to all VCOMs, but not sure whether are worth applying for OOS

And updated the school list

Yes I'm applying to all VCOMs, but not sure whether are worth applying for OOS

I feel like they have a mild regional bias.. If you read through their missions and objectives, their top priority for recruitment is to target Virginia, NC, SC and Alabama. Knowing that I still applied and was offered an interview but I'm from Ohio, which is much closer than Cali. I would keep them on the list if you're into sports medicine, rural medicine, or really any other reason. You'd just have to convince them in the interview that you can see yourself practicing in VA/SC/etc.

Dear fellow SDN members,

Don't mean to double post but I started a WAMC thread to obtain some critique of the list of school that I came up. It seems as if people are also posting under pre-osteopathic to gain advises. I apologize if this is too much.

Thank you guys so much!

stats:
~3.55GPA for both sGPA and cGPA. 26 MCAT(7V, 10B, 9P)

EC:
2 Science letter, 1 non-science letter, and a DO letter
~250 hours of clinical hours
~90 hours of shadowing hours for a DO
~500 hours of laboratory assistant
1 year of Biology TA experience
2 year of leadership experience in an on-campus organization
California resident.

Right now I have 22 schools
school list(want to apply to ~20 schools)
A.T Kirksville
A.T Arizona
ACOM
CUSOM
CCOM
DMU
VCOM-Auburn
VCOM-CC
VCOM-VC
KCUMB
LECOM
LECOM-B
LMU
MUCOM
PCOM
Nova
PNWU
RVU
Touro-Nevada
WVSOM
Western-COMP

We have almost identical stats & also from CA! I'm applying to all those schools (I think it's a solid list) and I think like @MedNation907 says, we just got to make sure to have a good reason for going to those particular regions if you do get an interview there. Best of luck to you!