School List Help Por Favor!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cocimonster115

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've posted before on this forum, but now I've compiled a more complete list of schools I'd like to apply to and just wanted some general advice on whether I'm shooting too high, or in my target range.

MCAT: 11 P, 11 V, 12 B Total 34T
AMCAS cGPA: 3.95 AMCAS sGPA: 3.96

Florida Residency:

School List (so far):

USF
UF
FIU
UM
FAU
UCF
Boston
Drexel
Emory
George Washington
Georgetown (which is better of the two??)
NYMC
NYU SOM
Duke
John Hopkins <-- applying cause I feel like it :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Oh, and if anyone has any suggestions for schools (and why), that would be a great help too =)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you are a shoe-in for most of your florida schools assuming ECs are good...

With that said, FL tuition rates are usually pretty good... assuming you aren't picky... I would just apply to all/most of FL schools you are comfortable with, and then apply to big name schools you might like (JHU as you listed, duke, etc.) ... dream a little why not you never know what might happen??

and of the two, I'd say Gtown has a bad environment in terms of competition and facilities but a great match list/name/training... GW is newer, more DC centralized/good public health program etc. .... both are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ however...