School List Help URM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

john3829835

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I usually don't post but I just got my MCAT score and I'm trying to make a school list. So, I have decent research, shadowing and volunteering, nothing too crazy but my stats are

cGPA: 3.57
sGPA: 3.49
MCAT scores: 509 (126,126,129,128)
NJ resident

Any help would be appreciated and I intend on applying MD and DO, but below is an MD list I have so far.

Cooper Medical School of Rowan
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
Rutgers Robert WJ med school
Seton Hall School of Medicine
Albany Medical College
New York Medical College
SUNY Upstate
Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
Drexel
Temple
Howard
Morehouse
Meharry
Tufts
Georgetown
George Washington University
Quinnipiac

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I think you're good I would just make it a round number like 20, 17 is lightweight weird throw in wayne state, wright state and Rush, rosalind franklin or Loyola

Try Western MI (Stryker) we have nearly identical stats and that’s where I’m matriculating. I’m Latino non-urm CA resident.
I had luck with these DO schools
AZCOM
KCUCOM
Rowan SOM
Western U Pomona
Touro-Ca
BCOM

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You should receive several interviews from your list .Remove SUNY Upstate as they accept few non residents. You could add these schools:
Hofstra
Einstein
Jefferson

I would add EVMS, Ohio State, Loyola, and Rochester. Make sure your writing is Strong all round. #narrative

You should for sure apply to Drew/UCLA and Keck USC. You could also consider Dartmouth.

Some reaches you could consider: Duke, Icahn, and Case (HIGHLY RECOMMEND)