School List Help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lumos26

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
--

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Nice scores, great upward trend! Have you taken any courses at a community college? If not, your list looks pretty good (just my opinion). I only ask because my GPA is only slightly higher than yours and I removed some of those schools from my list for that reason alone. You should certainly get some interview invites with those scores (at least I hope so!)

If you're a NY resident, why aren't you applying to SUNY Buffalo?

Members don't see this ad :)
UNC might be more of a reach than Columbia and Penn since you're out of state. They take about 12 OOS people a year.

If you're interested in working with underserved communities, I'd definitely recommend applying to LECOM and ASDOH as well.

I would add Buffalo and Temple to your list. And LECOM and ASDOH like xatlasb suggested. Take off UNC Chapel Hill unless you want to keep them on as a high reach/dream school.

Thanks everyone!

I took off UNC, and added Buffalo. Is my list reasonable, or should I add more schools to better my chances of getting in ANYWHERE?

If you're a NY resident, why aren't you applying to SUNY Buffalo?

I had initially put Buffalo, but took it off since I was worried being miserable/depressed up there. A lot of my friends who attended Buffalo said they were lonely and not happy on campus :/

Getting in ANYWHERE? In addition to LECOM and Temple, there's USC, Case, UDM, Nova, Roseman, Marquette, UNLV, and both Midwesterns. You'd need 500-1000+ hours to have a chance at ASDOH.

I'll echo in ASDOH and Roseman for pro-community. WesternU is also really really big on underserved service [friend of mine told me his interview was nothing but comm service questions]. UNE in Maine is also big on community service... I believe they actually require an official letter documenting community service.

I would take off Penn, Harvard, and Michigan only because those are research-oriented schools, especially the latter of the two [Mich is #1 ranked in research].