School list help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cauchy1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
With your stats I would apply to AZCOM, CCOM, KCOM, OSU, MSU (will probably get an OOS scholarship to lower the tuition), PCOM, TCOM, KCU, and RVU. Yes apply to the state schools, your stats will get you in any DO school so you should aim to get into the best one you can.

Reactions: 1 user
With your stats I would apply to AZCOM, CCOM, KCOM, OSU, MSU (will probably get an OOS scholarship to lower the tuition), PCOM, TCOM, KCU, and RVU. Yes apply to the state schools, your stats will get you in any DO school so you should aim to get into the best one you can.

I'd also add DMU.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You'll get into your in-state MD school, but your list is fine

Thanks for the input! I wasn't sure if I should be applying to state schools, especially Texas.

I'd also add DMU.

I'll take a look! Thanks for the input.

You'll get into your in-state MD school, but your list is fine

Fingers crossed, but I'm not too hopeful at this stage.

Briefly, I am looking at a reapplication cycle this year and was hoping for some input on DO schools that I should be looking at. My app this current cycle was GPA 3.8, MCAT 513, 2000 hours as ED scribe, 500 hours non clinical volunteering (secondaries submitted by mid August).

For this upcoming cycle, I've rewritten my essays, added another 1000 clinical hours as an ED scribe, 150 hours mentoring low income high schools kids, 50 hours shadowing, and 170 hours in clinical research.

In addition to MD schools, I am considering applying to PCOM, CCOM, PNUHS, Western, UNECOM, NSU, VCOM and Touro CA/NY.

Any additions/subtractions, or insight into why I should/should not apply to these schools is appreciated!

Do you mind my asking if you applied to any DO schools last time?

Your stats alone should get you interviews at several of the DO schools you've listed. Do you have a DO LOR? That supposedly can go a long way.

What is your ratio of MD to DO school applications? How many are you planning to apply to total? I would put alot of thought into those two questions. With your stats 50/50 comes to mind. Also, I would apply to at least 25 schools, if not 30. I had stats lower than yours in some places so applied to 40 schools at a 30/70 (MD/DO) spread and got 3 interviews that way. Make sure you apply to ENOUGH schools, don't got soft. Good luck!!!

Do you mind my asking if you applied to any DO schools last time?

Your stats alone should get you interviews at several of the DO schools you've listed. Do you have a DO LOR? That supposedly can go a long way.

I did not apply to any DO schools this current cycle. I don't have a DO letter currently, but am working on making that happen.

What is your ratio of MD to DO school applications? How many are you planning to apply to total? I would put alot of thought into those two questions. With your stats 50/50 comes to mind. Also, I would apply to at least 25 schools, if not 30. I had stats lower than yours in some places so applied to 40 schools at a 30/70 (MD/DO) spread and got 3 interviews that way. Make sure you apply to ENOUGH schools, don't got soft. Good luck!!!

Agreed. LizzyM 70 is just not competitive enough for MD these days. I'll probably apply to around 30 with a 60/40 split.