school list help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Radiostar772

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My main factors in deciding schools were tuition/cost of living, a good clinical experience, whether it is a nice and somewhat big city to live, and whether it has a safe neighborhood.
I am a CA resident
My overall GPA: 3.8 and science GPA: 3.73
DAT: 21AA 21TS

school list:
BU
Columbia
NYU
Touro
Tufts
Texas A&M
University of Texas San Antonio
UCLA
UCSF
USC
UOP
Western University
University of Washington

I'm trying to figure out which schools to add or delete

Members don't see this ad.

Take off Texas schools and UW. They're very OSS unfriendly. You say tuition and cost of living are important, but you literally picked the most expensive schools/highest cost of living lol (New York, San Francisco, Boston etc)....

If you want to attend a school in a city, the tuition/cost of living are going to be very high.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm pretty sure the Texas schools are pretty hard to get into OOS... As far as I know. BU and NYU costsL a LOT... Maybe take those off as well. Touro is new so the curriculum may not be well rounded and as good as somewhere else. Other than that, I think your list is good. With your stats, I think your a good candidate this cycle and should have no problem getting into schools

-Fyz

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Add Southern schools instead of the East and West coast if you want cost of living and affordability.

Reactions: 1 users
Add Pitt! Great program and very easy on the wallet.

According to the ASDA Getting Into Dental School Book Pitt is $94k for OOS (OP is a CA resident). How is that easy on the wallet? lol

Relax! Pitt's annual tuition is $54,264, instrument fees start at $9782 and decrease each year, university fees are $1228. From there on, everything else is variable. Many can cut out health insurance and books/supplies to save over $6000. Additionally, living in Pittsburgh does not cost $21,000/yr. That is just the maximum living allowance. I myself am living off $12,000/yr. Lastly, Pitt offers over 75% of its students a scholarship ranging from $40K/year to 1K.

Oh, I guess I didn't realize that you could cut some of those fee's out and that it was based off a max living. When I saw 94k I was like ok nope, this is up there with the most expensive schools, I don't think this is what OP is looking for. I didn't mean to offend.

Take off Texas schools and UW. They're very OSS unfriendly. You say tuition and cost of living are important, but you literally picked the most expensive schools/highest cost of living lol (New York, San Francisco, Boston etc)....

If you want to attend a school in a city, the tuition/cost of living are going to be very high.

Agreed. OP has listed some of the most expensive schools.