• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

school list help!

Radiostar772

Jun 26, 2014
  1. Pre-Medical
My main factors in deciding schools were tuition/cost of living, a good clinical experience, whether it is a nice and somewhat big city to live, and whether it has a safe neighborhood.
I am a CA resident
My overall GPA: 3.8 and science GPA: 3.73
DAT: 21AA 21TS

school list:
BU
Columbia
NYU
Touro
Tufts
Texas A&M
University of Texas San Antonio
UCLA
UCSF
USC
UOP
Western University
University of Washington

I'm trying to figure out which schools to add or delete

Life of Pablo

Hola
5+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2016
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Take off Texas schools and UW. They're very OSS unfriendly. You say tuition and cost of living are important, but you literally picked the most expensive schools/highest cost of living lol (New York, San Francisco, Boston etc)....

If you want to attend a school in a city, the tuition/cost of living are going to be very high.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm pretty sure the Texas schools are pretty hard to get into OOS... As far as I know. BU and NYU costsL a LOT... Maybe take those off as well. Touro is new so the curriculum may not be well rounded and as good as somewhere else. Other than that, I think your list is good. With your stats, I think your a good candidate this cycle and should have no problem getting into schools

-Fyz

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

mangos5ever

2+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2016
  1. Pre-Dental
Relax! Pitt's annual tuition is $54,264, instrument fees start at $9782 and decrease each year, university fees are $1228. From there on, everything else is variable. Many can cut out health insurance and books/supplies to save over $6000. Additionally, living in Pittsburgh does not cost $21,000/yr. That is just the maximum living allowance. I myself am living off $12,000/yr. Lastly, Pitt offers over 75% of its students a scholarship ranging from $40K/year to 1K.

Oh, I guess I didn't realize that you could cut some of those fee's out and that it was based off a max living. When I saw 94k I was like ok nope, this is up there with the most expensive schools, I don't think this is what OP is looking for. I didn't mean to offend.

smallfries2005

5+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2014
  1. Dental Student
Take off Texas schools and UW. They're very OSS unfriendly. You say tuition and cost of living are important, but you literally picked the most expensive schools/highest cost of living lol (New York, San Francisco, Boston etc)....

If you want to attend a school in a city, the tuition/cost of living are going to be very high.

Agreed. OP has listed some of the most expensive schools.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.