School List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WitcherWolf7

Reaction score
Hi all, any help with this list would be much appreciated. Here are my stats/activites/awards as an Ohio resident
3.91 GPA
3.90 science GPA, biochem major
Award as Outstanding Student in Organic Chemistry
Award as Outstanding Student in Analytical Chemistry
Deans list all 8 semesters, Summa Cum Laude
300 hours as volunteer EMT
200 hours with volunteering in homeless outreach program
60 hours with volunteering in a ministry for survivors of sex-trafficking
200 hours of ER/Hospital volunteering
130 hours shadowing (ER, Urgent Care, Primary Care, Neurology, Cardiology, Orthopedics)
Worked regularly in my family's construction/house staging and refurbishing business, 6,000 hours (not really important I guess, but shows I've been working a lot on top of everything else)
NO Research experience (my biggest weakness, and I've already graduated so I think it might be too late)

Here is the list of MD schools i've put together so far. Please keep in mind I have not taken the MCAT yet, and coupled with no research, I was trying to aim a bit low with 1 or 2 reaches. For the MCAT, I can realistically get somewhere between 511-515. Probably higher, but I don't want to take any risks. I wont get my score until after I apply.

Case
NEOMED
OSU
Wright
Toledo
Cincinnati
Georgetown
Rush
Tuft
University of Vermont
Medical College of Wisconsin
E.Virginia
W.Virginia
Oakland
Albany
Quinnipiac
W.Michigan
Drexel
George Washington University
Loyola
Creighton

How well do you think I fit for one of these? Any you'd remove? Any you'd add (MD or DO)? Also just general WAMC for getting into at least one school. I am very paranoid of not getting in anywhere, which is why i've aimed low other than at state schools. Im planning to apply to about 30 schools (20 MD and 10 DO)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: