School List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDDS_1998

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Overall GPA: 3.60
Science GPA: 3.44
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.40
DAT score (include AA and all sections: 21AA / 21 TS / 19 PAT/18 QR/ 21 RC/ 24 OC/ 20 GC/ 20 BIO

(on my 4th take, so not sure if that will be seen as a good or bad thing, I went from 17AA in 2019 to now the 21AA in 2022)

State of Residence: Texas
Major:
Biology, graduated in 2021
Minor: Chemistry
Minority?
No

Reapplicant? Yes, 3rd time applicant
Nontrad?
No
Shadowing Experience: 130 hrs with 3 general dentists
Volunteering Experience: 200+hrs, hurricane relief, church volunteer, food bank
Employment: worked multiple jobs throughout college from student assistant, front desk at a hotel, and for the past few months worked as sterilization tech at a dental office so around 800hrs
Research: none

Other Extracurriculars: President in one org and treasurer in two others, have had leadership roles over 4 years of undergrad
Relevant Honors or Awards: presidents list/deans list/academic science award from College of Arts and Science for one year
LOR type and strength: One from dentist I worked with which I think is strong, and a committee letter from my university

Last cycle I applied to all the TX schools, MWU-AZ, MWU-IL, Creighton, UB, and MOSDOH. I was interviewed and waitlisted at MWU-AZ, and interviewed at Texas Tech, but did not hear anything back.
I did have a 16 OC on the DAT that I had applied with this last cycle, so I believe that might have been the reason for not getting many responses.

Now I am applying again and I need help with my list.

1. ASDOH
2. Tufts
3. Touro
4. All 4 TX schools
5. LECOM
6. NOVA
7. MWU-IL
8. MWU-AZ

Any help will be appreciated, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I had thought about your consideration of possibly working at a dental school near me, but the distance was too far to commute and I did not have the means to move to that location. Besides that, I have not done anything with the TX schools itself, but have volunteered around my community. Thank you for your response, I appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
What happened last cycle? Any feedback to confirm it was just your exam scores?

A fourthDAT attempt will make some faculty concerned you can't handle dental school exams. It is not an app killer but some questions will get raised.

If you did no networking with schools and still have no interviews after 3 cycles, you have larger issues with your app. Even with a committee letter, your advisor should be realistic with you in improving your profile. I sense you have been doing incremental improvements but not enough taking feedback to really get an in-state interview (you got Texas Tech, but they don't give feedback?). You should be very well read on the expectations of the Texas schools by now. So something else is holding you back.

Last edited:
Overall GPA: 3.60
Science GPA: 3.44
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.40
DAT score (include AA and all sections: 21AA / 21 TS / 19 PAT/18 QR/ 21 RC/ 24 OC/ 20 GC/ 20 BIO

(on my 4th take, so not sure if that will be seen as a good or bad thing, I went from 17AA in 2019 to now the 21AA in 2022)

State of Residence: Texas
Major:
Biology, graduated in 2021
Minor: Chemistry
Minority?
No

Reapplicant? Yes, 3rd time applicant
Nontrad?
No
Shadowing Experience: 130 hrs with 3 general dentists
Volunteering Experience: 200+hrs, hurricane relief, church volunteer, food bank
Employment: worked multiple jobs throughout college from student assistant, front desk at a hotel, and for the past few months worked as sterilization tech at a dental office so around 800hrs
Research: none

Other Extracurriculars: President in one org and treasurer in two others, have had leadership roles over 4 years of undergrad
Relevant Honors or Awards: presidents list/deans list/academic science award from College of Arts and Science for one year
LOR type and strength: One from dentist I worked with which I think is strong, and a committee letter from my university

Last cycle I applied to all the TX schools, MWU-AZ, MWU-IL, Creighton, UB, and MOSDOH. I was interviewed and waitlisted at MWU-AZ, and interviewed at Texas Tech, but did not hear anything back.
I did have a 16 OC on the DAT that I had applied with this last cycle, so I believe that might have been the reason for not getting many responses.

Now I am applying again and I need help with my list.

1. ASDOH
2. Tufts
3. Touro
4. All 4 TX schools
5. LECOM
6. NOVA
7. MWU-IL
8. MWU-AZ

Any help will be appreciated, thank you!
Can you please tell me how long your wait time was for your fourth attempt? I just took the DAT on 7/11 for my 3rd time and it’s just not competitive enough for me I’m considering retaking but i need to know how long??? Please