School Rankings in Terms of Technology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aspiringdentistplshelp

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What dental school would you guys say is the most technologically advanced dental school? or like a top 5? This could also apply to their undergraduate facilities as well. I just don't prefer old timey run down buildings/libraries
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Every schools has fancy stuff just in different varieties, no one here has visited all of them so youre not really going to get a great idea.

LECOM is pretty new as well. We have fancy chairs, Cad/Cam, and I believe our AEGD program as a CBCT. LECOM also gives you your own chair in third year so you never have to share
 
Midwestern in Illinois is pretty fancy fancy too. I heard they let their dental students use microscopes and do root canals that would typically be referred to most dental school's endodontic programs.
 
I can't help but feel that too much tech in dental school would made me feel spoiled. If I fall in love with all the technology, I'm not sure if I could bring myself to buy a low tech practice after school. Maybe the dental school debt will knock a bit of sense into me if that happens.