School selection criteria?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobsagat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I tried searching for a thread like this, but couldn't find one. Apologies if this has been mentioned or discussed elsewhere!

I've gotten my first acceptance, and as a Texas applicant will be asked to rank schools before knowing which ones I've been accepted to. I have a final (probably) interview coming up next month. Tuition is nearly equivalent, I don't have a family or anything to consider. What do you think should be the biggest consideration for anyone trying to decide between different medical schools? What consideration is most overlooked? Besides prestige, which factors are given too much weight?

Members don't see this ad.

pre-allo issue.

I disagree, I'm asking for opinions from current medical students. Sometimes in the pre-allo forum it feels like the blind leading the blind.

Members don't see this ad :)
I disagree, I'm asking for opinions from current medical students. Sometimes in the pre-allo forum it feels like the blind leading the blind.
No kidding. It's still a pre-allo issue. If you were to post the same issue in the residency forum it would not make it a "residency" issue for the same reasons. Targeting a group for their opinions does not make it an issue germane to them.

You couldn't find a thread on how to pick a medical school? Hell, pre-allo could easily be renamed to "Help! Which school do I choose?"

In closing, congratulations, pick the school you like the most, and move this thread to pre-allo. If med students feel like weighing in on pre-med issues, that's where they'll look.