School stats for apply/inter/accept/enroll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SanOnofre2002

Huge member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year at this time the ADEA guide was really helpful for narrowing down which schools to apply to, so I wanted to post some of the data for those that don't have this book. Knowing how many in state/out of state people got interviews, and how many of those got accepted and then actually enrolled was great to know. My version isn't the newest one, it's for 2007 (i.e. the class that entered in 2006), but the stat ratios probably don't change much from year to year. I wanted to just cut and paste the excel file into a post, but I'm too computer illiterate to do so. The only way I can find is to attach it as a file. Can someone please tell me how to paste an excel document into a thread?
Regarding the file, there's some weird things about a couple of stats. For a few schools, the number of candidates accepted matches exactly with the number enrolled. I find that hard to believe for most schools, especially for one in particular (USC). So use your judgement when looking at the data. If you see any gross error or something you think isn't right, say so and I will double check the number.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• DENTAL STATS 2006.xls
    26 KB · Views: 292
most of the info from the ADEA book is also on predents.com

some of the stats in the book, however, still don't quite jive. I was going to call the schools and try and sort it out, but then i thought, why bother? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks
looks good

most of the info from the ADEA book is also on predents.com
For number of bodies, predents has total applicants and final in/out of state enrolled, but everything else is suspect for obvious reasons.

actually, everything that is on the school's page header table is from the ADEA book. All the other stats are from the profiles. But the # of seats, in state/out of state, DAT scores, GPA, # of applicants and all that stuff at the top are from the book. I know because I compiled it :)

This isn't to detract from your efforts, just passing along the info so we get more people on predents.

Hmm, weird about the same number of acceptances and enrollees. Pacific is one of the ones on the list with a 1:1 ratio of acceptances:enrolled on your chart, but I just recently learned the acceptance:enrolled ratio is actually 5:4 (80% of people accepted accept their offers)

Hmm, weird about the same number of acceptances and enrollees. Pacific is one of the ones on the list with a 1:1 ratio of acceptances:enrolled on your chart, but I just recently learned the acceptance:enrolled ratio is actually 5:4 (80% of people accepted accept their offers)

Ya, I saw that for USC and LLU (I forgot the second one, just guessing), it does seem odd.