School Suggestion?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XxMsICarexX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody, I have a few questions to ask. Before I ask the questions, I want to say a bit about me.
-My College GPA ~3.5 and Science/Prereq GPA ~3.55
-I have quite average OAT AA score (320) and TS (340)
Physics:330
RC: 270 AHH
Bio: 300
G Chem: 320
O Chem: 380
QA: 330
-I worked in Opt for over 3 years
-Lots of community/Leadership experiences
-I applied to 5 schools (PCO, Western, SCCO, UHCO, and Nova), but I specifically like to stay in California. I just turned in my application the end of October. By far, I only had 2 interviews (PCO and Western). SCCO like my GPA, but I didn't meet RC requirement. I never heard from Nova. Houston is still processing my application. PCO (least favorite because of weather). California = my favorite. SCCO want me to retake my OAT. I had an interview at Western and PCO and should hear from them soon.

My questions are:
-If you were me, would you retake OAT to get in SCCO - or take a chance to get accepted by either Western or PCO
-I would love to stay in California, but should I choose Western (new) over PCO?
-Also, I haven't heard from both of these schools yet (just got my interview in less than a week) - What are my chance to get accepted?

I truly appreciate for reconsidering my question. Please answer with honesty and feel free to speak your mind. Lastly, please stay in an appropriate manner and watch your language.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everybody, I have a few questions to ask. Before I ask the questions, I want to say a bit about me.
-I applied to 5 schools (PCO, Western, SCCO, UHCO, and Nova), but I specifically like to stay in California. I just turned in my application the end of October. By far, I only had 2 interviews (PCO and Western). SCCO like my GPA, but I didn't meet RC requirement. I never heard from Nova. Houston is still processing my application. PCO (least favorite because of weather). California = my favorite. SCCO want me to retake my OAT. I had an interview at Western and PCO and should hear from them soon.

My questions are:
-If you were me, would you retake OAT to get in SCCO - or take a chance to get accepted by either Western or PCO
-I would love to stay in California, but should I choose Western (new) over PCO?
-Also, I haven't heard from both of these schools yet (just got my interview in less than a week) - What are my chance to get accepted?

I truly appreciate for reconsidering my question. Please answer with honesty and feel free to speak your mind. Lastly, please stay in an appropriate manner and watch your language.

Thank you

when did you last take your OATs? Will you have time to study for them and do better?

My questions are:

Thank you

I would retake the OAT, especially since you havn't heard from the other schools yet. I really don't like SCCO's approach to the scores where you MUST have a minimum of ____ to get in to their program; although I can see why they do it; and honestly, the minimium isnt set too high. It just is just backwards to me that they can completely write off a candidate based on one thing.

Although to me personally their program looks great, remember you are taking some risks with being the alpha class at WesternU.
Also some of this will have to do with your gut feeling when you visited the schools.
In the end, if you can get your OD anywhere you'll be fine.