School Transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrZion

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to know if it's possible to transfer from one program to the other and what are the factors the schools consider if transfer is possible.

Members don't see this ad.

It is possible but generally doesn't happen unless you are willing to lose some time, i.e. if you are currently going into your P2 year you might be sent back to P1 year due to differences in the sequencing of courses etc. I would say don't transfer unless you have to because it is likely to cost you a good amount of money and probably about 1 year of school.

I am wondering the same thing, i am going into my first year this fall with a 1-5 program and i am wondering is it possible to transfer to a 1-3 program next fall?

Members don't see this ad :)
Very unlikely. UMKC's 1st year pharmacy students take classes like Orgo that most pre-pharm people take before applying/admittance into the professional sequence.

You have to be in good academic standing and often they will want a reference letter from your current dean. About 1/3-1/2 of schools accept transfers. As noted above, you will probably lose time because the classes you took are not always a match for the curriculum at the new school.