School Transfer

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by DrZion, May 10, 2007.

1. DrZion

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I want to know if it's possible to transfer from one program to the other and what are the factors the schools consider if transfer is possible.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ButlerPharm.D.

ButlerPharm.D. Honor Before Glory
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    It is possible but generally doesn't happen unless you are willing to lose some time, i.e. if you are currently going into your P2 year you might be sent back to P1 year due to differences in the sequencing of courses etc. I would say don't transfer unless you have to because it is likely to cost you a good amount of money and probably about 1 year of school.

4. akamplace

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I am wondering the same thing, i am going into my first year this fall with a 1-5 program and i am wondering is it possible to transfer to a 1-3 program next fall?

5. Creighton2011

Pre-Pharmacy
    Very unlikely. UMKC's 1st year pharmacy students take classes like Orgo that most pre-pharm people take before applying/admittance into the professional sequence.

6. bananaface

bananaface Pharmacy Supernerd
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    You have to be in good academic standing and often they will want a reference letter from your current dean. About 1/3-1/2 of schools accept transfers. As noted above, you will probably lose time because the classes you took are not always a match for the curriculum at the new school.