You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
schools accepting " tainted donations’’ or " pay to play’’ for students
Started by throwaway90210
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Look, I’m not saying you are wrong or that you are lying, but you’ve obviously got an axe to grind with LMU. You have started at least 3 threads alleging problems at the school in the last little bit.
You are at best angry/bored and should probably find a better outlet. And worst being disingenuous and trying to stir up stuff for your own benefit somehow.
Either way, all schools have problems. I don’t have an issue with you telling people to beware of these problems, but making multiple threads of the course of just a week or two alleging these different issues could just as easily be done by creating one thread with all of the info in it.
As it stands, you are clogging up the board with your LMU propaganda lol.
You are at best angry/bored and should probably find a better outlet. And worst being disingenuous and trying to stir up stuff for your own benefit somehow.
Either way, all schools have problems. I don’t have an issue with you telling people to beware of these problems, but making multiple threads of the course of just a week or two alleging these different issues could just as easily be done by creating one thread with all of the info in it.
As it stands, you are clogging up the board with your LMU propaganda lol.
throwaway90210
Full Member
you may be right but the whole PA thing was noteworthy. i feel people should call out their schools more often anonymously. but yeah i’m sure i’m salty some bc of how much time some of the things they made us do was and i’m sure it’s not dcom specific.
not sure how i would benefit haha let me know though
my first thread was back in october!
not sure how i would benefit haha let me know though
my first thread was back in october!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You straight up just alleged wide-ranging corruption because the school doesn't let every student know the details of expulsion proceedings. There could be a million other reasons besides his parents bribing the school. I mean cmon now
Also the title insinuating that you think only DO schools are susceptible to pay-for-play, is asinine. The way tuition is, why would a school, DO or MD, even entertain this idea when they make insane money legally?
We get it, you think LMU is shady. If people want to call out their school anonymously for actual proven things then that's one thing. You're straight up spreading rumors at this point
Also the title insinuating that you think only DO schools are susceptible to pay-for-play, is asinine. The way tuition is, why would a school, DO or MD, even entertain this idea when they make insane money legally?
We get it, you think LMU is shady. If people want to call out their school anonymously for actual proven things then that's one thing. You're straight up spreading rumors at this point
throwaway90210
Full Member
that wasn’t the point of the thread but i will agree to make it less school specific and word it better as a question that i am seriously interested in. thread starter changed. it just makes it harder to start a convo with no rationale behind starting itYou straight up just alleged wide-ranging corruption because the school doesn't let every student know the details of expulsion proceedings. There could be a million other reasons besides his parents bribing the school. I mean cmon now
Also the title insinuating that you think only DO schools are susceptible to pay-for-play, is asinine. The way tuition is, why would a school, DO or MD, even entertain this idea when they make insane money legally?
We get it, you think LMU is shady. If people want to call out their school anonymously for actual proven things then that's one thing. You're straight up spreading rumors at this point
That's fine but it doesn't change my point on it haha There is zero chance any school would take part in a scheme like this, when they are already making insane money legally. Especially after the whole college admissions scandal that just brokethat wasn’t the point of the thread but i will agree to make it less school specific and word it better as a question that i am seriously interested in. threat starter changed
throwaway90210
Full Member
but how would there be zero chance if it has already happened?That's fine but it doesn't change my point on it haha There is zero chance any school would take part in a scheme like this, when they are already making insane money legally. Especially after the whole college admissions scandal that just broke
Okay I'll humor you. There's a 0.1% chance its happening. Good luck in your fight to take down LMUbut how would there be zero chance if it has already happened?
throwaway90210
Full Member
no fight to take down a school lol. if you review my post history most of my concerns are fairly objective and mostly telling of things that people should be aware of. i give a fairly unbiased not all bad review of the school several times. check post history if you do not believe me. there have been others on this forum much harsher toward their school. while those above bring up good points i think rose colored glasses are very prevalent if people think pay to play doesn’t happen in medical schools when it was just exposed on several occasions in the news.
0.1% chance yet there are stories of it happening everywhere in higher ed and government. don’t be so trusting
0.1% chance yet there are stories of it happening everywhere in higher ed and government. don’t be so trusting
Give me direct examples of when it was exposed in medical schools specifically. I'm not overly trusting I'm just realistic. Not everyone is out to game the system and get you. I could care less about your school honestly I just don't want to be studying for step right now so here I am.no fight to take down a school lol. if you review my post history most of my concerns are fairly objective and mostly telling of things that people should be aware of. i give a fairly unbiased not all bad review of the school several times. check post history if you do not believe me. there have been others on this forum much harsher toward their school. while those above bring up good points i think rose colored glasses are very prevalent if people think pay to play doesn’t happen in medical schools when it was just exposed on several occasions in the news.
0.1% chance yet there are stories of it happening everywhere in higher ed and government. don’t be so trusting
You're basing your entire point on the fact that the school won't give you a transcript of what happens in expulsion meetings, which doesn't seem to be a real solid foundation. If nobody actually knows the specifics, and its all rumors, then I usually take it with a pound of salt.
There WAS a flat-out corrupt DO school. The news broke about a decade ago, it was called KCUMB, and it was almost shut down as a result. You may be right about LMU - and I'm certainly not saying that you are - but I guarantee if anyone wants to pull that kind of crap they learned a lesson about covering their tracks from what happened to Karen Pletz.
A
AnatomyGrey12
this it’s probably more prevalent than we can imagine
Eh probably not as much as you are insinuating. If anything it likely happens more often at the elite schools, although I'm sure no school is immune
This happens at almost every school. The number just gets bigger the more prestigious the institution. Surely you don't expect the super wealthy to have the same set of rules as the poor? They never do. In a way I am grateful tho, at least we have the opportunity to get into these places on merit. That isn't an option everywhere. And their donations do benefit other students as well, so I don't lose sleep about their kid getting in.do you all think this happens in DO or MD schools? with all the big news on tv bout this it’s probably more prevalent than we can imagine but wanting to her others thoughts
If my DO school has taught me anything, its that no one in admin learns a 'lesson' from what happens at 'other' schools. They always want the darwin award for their very own, and thier own personal experience is the only teacher.There WAS a flat-out corrupt DO school. The news broke about a decade ago, it was called KCUMB, and it was almost shut down as a result. You may be right about LMU - and I'm certainly not saying that you are - but I guarantee if anyone wants to pull that kind of crap they learned a lesson about covering their tracks from what happened to Karen Pletz.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
VCOM - I'm calling it. I have heard this rumor before.Have a friend who ended up doing pay to play and got into a DO school in 1 of the Carolinas. Is a physician as of this year
Given the extreme outcome of my example, I surely HOPE any other admins would take heed...If my DO school has taught me anything, its that no one in admin learns a 'lesson' from what happens at 'other' schools. They always want the darwin award for their very own, and personal experience is the only teacher.
I don't, let 'em burn. I'm just here for the LOLz.Given the extreme outcome of my example, I surely HOPE any other admins would take heed...
Less competition for me when RPC-COM launches 😎
Careful now, she killed herself. Guilty or not, get your LOLz from somewhere else.I don't, let 'em burn. I'm just here for the LOLz.
Less competition for me when RPC-COM launches 😎
There WAS a flat-out corrupt DO school. The news broke about a decade ago, it was called KCUMB, and it was almost shut down as a result. You may be right about LMU - and I'm certainly not saying that you are - but I guarantee if anyone wants to pull that kind of crap they learned a lesson about covering their tracks from what happened to Karen Pletz.
If my DO school has taught me anything, its that no one in admin learns a 'lesson' from what happens at 'other' schools. They always want the darwin award for their very own, and thier own personal experience is the only teacher.
Given the extreme outcome of my example, I surely HOPE any other admins would take heed...
These were the posts in order. Did I misread something?I don't, let 'em burn. I'm just here for the LOLz.
Less competition for me when RPC-COM launches 😎
Clearly one of us did. I was talking about Kcumb getting punished for accepting bribes. I had zero clue about any associated suicide. But I am withdrawing from this convo, as I don't like where its going.These were the posts in order. Did I misread something?
@BorntobeDO? You know what, let me rephrase: I apologize if I read your posts as implying an indifference to suicide. I thought your post was a direct response to the example I gave. I see now that it was not. However, it could have been construed that way without further context.
I'm also going to exit this thread. Apologies, all.
Maybe a couple students per school per year for admission and another one or two for doing things that are expellable.
Can’t believe people say this never happens lol. It’s not common nor the norm but it is there. Students will even brag about it
Can’t believe people say this never happens lol. It’s not common nor the norm but it is there. Students will even brag about it
They're called legacies, and yes, it does happen. Usually, "admit my kid and I'll donate enough for that new MRI"do you all think this happens in DO or MD schools? with all the big news on tv bout this it’s probably more prevalent than we can imagine but wanting to her others thoughts
I believe this has happened at our school. There is an MSI who failed out of the state MD school after a few years and a bunch of tuition dollars. Now he (and his famous last name, and his money) is at our little old DO school, which almost certainly received a donation from his parents.Eh probably not as much as you are insinuating. If anything it likely happens more often at the elite schools, although I'm sure no school is immune
Eh probably not as much as you are insinuating. If anything it likely happens more often at the elite schools, although I'm sure no school is immune
I agree. I’m sure it happens everywhere, but in general I’m guessing the population with the money and inclination to Pay to Play are more likely to go for Big Name Medical School in Major City than No Name Osteopathic Medical School in rural America.
A
AnatomyGrey12
I believe this has happened at our school. There is an MSI who failed out of the state MD school after a few years and a bunch of tuition dollars. Now he (and his famous last name, and his money) is at our little old DO school, which almost certainly received a donation from his parents.
Yeah I did know of that one. I have suspicions about a few more but we'll leave it at that.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 777
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 362
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 402