Schools ask for outstanding loans?

Started by cdnkid7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cdnkid7

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I'm filling out the secondary for stony brook, and it asked what's the outstanding balance from all educational loans. I was wondering if this is something that I should just put $0 for and lie about it (do you think they could trace it?) or put the $20k down. Do you think it looks bad to the school if I have outstanding loans, especially if I'm international (canadian)? I don't want them to think I can't pay their tuition because I already have some loans under my name. I'm asking because if I can pay them off if I really need to.

Thanks
 
Just put down the $20K. Idk if you realize how many students are in debt... including me.. how else are you supposed to pay for school?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i had to put down 20k too. That is nothing compared to so many other people. I have a friend who is 100k in debt.