1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Schools immunization certification ?!?!?!?!?!??!??

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Lesa123, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Lesa123

So I know that Palm Beach Atlantic offers the immunization certification. Do you guys know of nova southeastern offers this as well??

Also what are the benefits of your school offering this? If they don't what has to be done when you graduate in order to get this?

Please help! Thanks!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MyRealNameIs

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I know Walgreens will train you if you are not certified. Probably true for other chains. I don't think it is necessary for hospitals.

So, basically, no real advantage. I wouldn't choose a school based on that.

4. Lesa123

Yeah but I would think it is a plus because when you apply to get a job you can have that in your application and you are one step ahead.

5. PharmHealth_KI

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I believe that Nova does offer it, as most pharmacy schools do.

You would have to call them and ask to confirm this.

6. MyRealNameIs

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    It will only be a very small plus if you are going to work at retail. You don't need it for hospital jobs.

In retail, your customer service skill is the thing that matters the most. I have never heard my district manager say, "I hired x over y because he had a immunization certification." But I heard him say a couple of time he hired someone because the first time they met, he SMILED and said hello.

Just based on what I heard, I would not choose a school based on that, especially if the school is significantly more expensive. Might as well pay with my own money and keep the difference if I find out I need it.