Schools immunization certification ?!?!?!?!?!??!??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lesa123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know that Palm Beach Atlantic offers the immunization certification. Do you guys know of nova southeastern offers this as well??

Also what are the benefits of your school offering this? If they don't what has to be done when you graduate in order to get this?

Please help! Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I know Walgreens will train you if you are not certified. Probably true for other chains. I don't think it is necessary for hospitals.

So, basically, no real advantage. I wouldn't choose a school based on that.

Yeah but I would think it is a plus because when you apply to get a job you can have that in your application and you are one step ahead.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe that Nova does offer it, as most pharmacy schools do.

You would have to call them and ask to confirm this.

Yeah but I would think it is a plus because when you apply to get a job you can have that in your application and you are one step ahead.

It will only be a very small plus if you are going to work at retail. You don't need it for hospital jobs.

In retail, your customer service skill is the thing that matters the most. I have never heard my district manager say, "I hired x over y because he had a immunization certification." But I heard him say a couple of time he hired someone because the first time they met, he SMILED and said hello.

Just based on what I heard, I would not choose a school based on that, especially if the school is significantly more expensive. Might as well pay with my own money and keep the difference if I find out I need it.