• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

Schools knowing...

About the Ads

velouria

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2003
Status (Visible)
i don't know about waitlists, but...

schools *definitely* know if you're holding >1 acceptance. i got an email last week from one of my schools. they said they had notification from amcas that i'd been accepted at more than one school, and they asked me to let them know if i needed more information from them in making a decision.

i don't know if they know *where* else i was accepted, but they know for sure that i was...

i was surprised!

dcesnc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2004
Status (Visible)
I just interviewed at Jeff and my interviewed said that when the adcom reviewed me, they'd know where I've been accepted. Apparently AMCAS sends them an update whenever a school accepts you.

He said they wouldn't take it into account, except that if you were holding a bunch of spots, they'd tell you to make up your mind. So they definitely know if/where we've been accepted.

Trekkie963

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2004
California
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by dcesnc
I just interviewed at Jeff and my interviewed said that when the adcom reviewed me, they'd know where I've been accepted. Apparently AMCAS sends them an update whenever a school accepts you.

He said they wouldn't take it into account, except that if you were holding a bunch of spots, they'd tell you to make up your mind. So they definitely know if/where we've been accepted.

Do you think this affects scholarship decisions? Like if they know you have withdrawn your other acceptances, they won't bother trying so hard to lure you to their school?

hakksar

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
Fresno, California
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Call me naive but I doubt medical schools are going to take away scholarships due to the lack of acceptances elsewhere. I think that if they know you are going to go to their school they might offer you more prestigious scholarships because they wouldn't want someone to refuse to accept a prestigious scholarship because it would make them look bad. Ultimately it is not worth worrying about when there are tons of people waiting on waitlists who just want one acceptance.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.