Schools' Policies on MCAT Retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharkbyte

Take me to the top
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been looking through the websites of some of the med schools to which I'm interested in applying and quite a few of them don't seem to list their policy on MCAT retakes, so I'm not sure whether they take the average, the most recent, the highest across all sub-sections, etc.

Is there a source where this data is compiled? Or would I have to call each school individually to find this out? If any of you are certain of a school's MCAT retake policy, could you please list it here? Maybe we can get a list going to help others as well.

Thanks for any help :)

Members don't see this ad.

There are other threads that detail this question, such as http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/med-schools-that-average-multiple-mcat-scores.919907/

My understanding is that many take the most recent score, while few average scores and even fewer superstore. However, to be sure for the schools you are interested in, calling each school would probably yield this information. I cannot seem to find such information on MSAR. Either way, most people taking MCAT again have to do so, so there's not much one can do anyhow about this. But for your interest's sake, calling/email each school might give the information, as many schools do not post this information online (or it's damn hard to find, cause I can't)

Off hand:
Baylor takes most recent, Vandy superscores