schools rewarding for early application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erwin99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So for those of us that haven't gotten into school yet this year and may apply again next year - which schools offer a much higher chance of acceptance by having the application in June 1? One's that I've seen are Temple, Case, maybe Tufts. Can anyone add to the list?

Members don't see this ad.

So for those of us that haven't gotten into school yet this year and may apply again next year - which schools offer a much higher chance of acceptance by having the application in June 1? One's that I've seen are Temple, Case, maybe Tufts. Can anyone add to the list?

Maybe I misunderstood the question, but I think that applying early gives you a much better shot at just about every school.

ya it doesn't hurt at all schools to apply earlier, but in particular, i know UOP values applicants that apply early. they try to fill their class as early as possible.

so add UOP to the list.

but then again, it doesn't hurt at all schools

Members don't see this ad :)
ya it doesn't hurt at all schools to apply later, but in particular, i know UOP values applicants that apply early. they try to fill their class as early as possible.

so add UOP to the list.

but then again, it doesn't hurt at all schools

my experience a couple years ago was that it was very important to apply early and it can only help you at all the schools.

it definitely hurts you to apply later if a school fills its class by dec 1st and your application hasn't even been processed

Since almost every school has rolling admissions, applying early will be beneficial, especially if your stats are not at the top.

Yeah, I think all schools reward you for applying early...but I definitely know VCU does. It's right on their website.

The reason I ask is that it seems like some schools just wait to fill their class anyway (USC, UW and others) while other schools wont look at you at all if you didn't have the app in before june. Just trying to give myself the best shot next year.