• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

erwin99

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
So for those of us that haven't gotten into school yet this year and may apply again next year - which schools offer a much higher chance of acceptance by having the application in June 1? One's that I've seen are Temple, Case, maybe Tufts. Can anyone add to the list?

Mila

10+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
So for those of us that haven't gotten into school yet this year and may apply again next year - which schools offer a much higher chance of acceptance by having the application in June 1? One's that I've seen are Temple, Case, maybe Tufts. Can anyone add to the list?

Maybe I misunderstood the question, but I think that applying early gives you a much better shot at just about every school.

pacbum

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
ya it doesn't hurt at all schools to apply earlier, but in particular, i know UOP values applicants that apply early. they try to fill their class as early as possible.

so add UOP to the list.

but then again, it doesn't hurt at all schools

About the Ads

superchris147

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2005
Status (Visible)
ya it doesn't hurt at all schools to apply later, but in particular, i know UOP values applicants that apply early. they try to fill their class as early as possible.

so add UOP to the list.

but then again, it doesn't hurt at all schools

my experience a couple years ago was that it was very important to apply early and it can only help you at all the schools.

it definitely hurts you to apply later if a school fills its class by dec 1st and your application hasn't even been processed

dentalman

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2004
Status (Visible)
Since almost every school has rolling admissions, applying early will be beneficial, especially if your stats are not at the top.

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
Akron, OH
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Yeah, I think all schools reward you for applying early...but I definitely know VCU does. It's right on their website.

erwin99

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
The reason I ask is that it seems like some schools just wait to fill their class anyway (USC, UW and others) while other schools wont look at you at all if you didn't have the app in before june. Just trying to give myself the best shot next year.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.