Schools that are PBL?

Started by IrohDDS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

IrohDDS

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know which dental schools are 100% PBL (TBL/case-based) and those that are partial or traditional? (I am only familiar with USC as 100% PBL). I've tried looking for other threads but they are all old and only list a hand full of schools (unless those hand full are the only ones; Harvard, UConn, UCSF, Lake Erie, Indiana, Case, UIC. But I'm not sure if these are 100% or partial).

Thank you.
 
Last edited:
Your best bet might be to reach out to students at the schools you're interested in to find out if they have PBL or not. At UCLA, we have a couple of classes that have CBL sessions sprinkled throughout soo... But obviously it's not 100% or even partial PBL. It's like 5% or less.