Schools that don’t accept updates and don’t ask for application year plans

If a school doesn’t accept updates and also doesn’t ask about application year plans on the secondary, will they give the benefit of the doubt about gap year plans when inviting for interviews? My specific situation is that I didn’t mention any clinical volunteering for my app/gap year in my primary but I still want schools to know that I will be doing it during the gap year. I don’t want them to think I just dropped it.

Any ADCOMS willing to answer my question? @LizzyM @Goro

Sorry, its been an hour and I was worried if my question will ever get answered. I don't mean to bother you guys :(

LukaDoncicLuk

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
You can project hours on primary and include an end date up to june of the year that you would matriculate

About the Ads

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
Status
Attending Physician
1) If a school doesn’t accept updates and also doesn’t ask about application year plans on the secondary, will they give the benefit of the doubt about gap year plans when inviting for interviews?

2) My specific situation is that I didn’t mention any clinical volunteering for my app/gap year in my primary but I still want schools to know that I will be doing it during the gap year. I don’t want them to think I just dropped it.
1) If they didn't ask and they don't allow updates, they'll be judging your application based on what you've already accomplished. They have no reason to make an assumption that you've continued with previous activities, since many short-sighted applicants, who can't imagine they might need to reapply, don't.

2) If you didn't project future hours on your Primary application, updates aren't accepted, and the Secondary had no relevant prompt, your only avenue for informing schools of gap year accomplishments would be during interview conversations.

About the Ads