schools that don't require MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medical22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that every school in the US requires MCAT scores, but I've heard that there are some schools in Canada that don't. Can you please tell me about those schools if they accept international students.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure about Canadian Schools. I thought they all required the MCAT but haven't done any research into it so don't know for sure.

Trinity College in Dublin is a very reputable school and doesn't require the MCAT. The main drawback (other than possibly having a hard time getting a US residency) is that it's a 5 year program. They have a number of spots open to U.S. citizens. Since it is a competitive school, I'm sure your GPA would have to be relatively high to have a shot. The other Irish schools require the MCAT.

Oxford doesn't require the MCAT either, but it is VERY difficult to get in as a U.S. citizen -- i.e. they mandate that max 7 spots can be taken by non E.U./U.K. students and these spots are generally for students from developing countries. Other UK schools may not require the MCAT (not sure), but again, there are very few spots for U.S. students.

I think the Australian schools require the MCAT, but I'm not sure.

Hi Medical22

Try looking into the program at Ottawa University...I'm pretty sure they don't require the MCAT either. I don't know about their policy on international students, but it's worth a try.

Good luck
MEESE :D

Members don't see this ad :)
......I was told by Atlantic Bridge that University College and RCSI in Dublin will also accept applications w/out MCAT scores, but only for the 6-year programs.
Hope this helps

In Canada Ottawa University, University of Saskatchewan and McMaster university do not require the MCAT as an admission requirement. All three schools are quite competative so not a good option if you have marginal marks and scores.

i'm not sure about this but i believe that hopkins does not require the MCAT though everyone still takes it

I think Hopkins does require MCAT, as when I was considering US schools I came across a website that said they didn't require it, and promptly emailed the med school admissions office asking them if that really was the case. They replied that they do require the MCAT.

Trinity College does not require MCAT, but it's also rather competitive, so like those Canadian schools, not a good option if you don't have a good GPA, and I think they like to see some sort of research. Trinity has an affilliation with Columbia University - 5 of their premed students are guaranteed spots in the 5 yr. program.

Originally posted by Meese
Hi Medical22

Try looking into the program at Ottawa University...I'm pretty sure they don't require the MCAT either. I don't know about their policy on international students, but it's worth a try.

Good luck
MEESE :D

Ottawa does not accept international students.