Schools that have Letter of Rec Forms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor Octopus

Hospitalist
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey gang.

I had my LOR's sent early with the exception of UMich, because someone said they will throw them away.

The problem is that now that secondaries are arriving, two schools already have had their own LOR forms that they want. I'm having to re-send some stuff.

These Schools are:

NEOUCOM (form preferred)
U of W. Virginia (forms mandatory)

Please post if there are any others like this.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question about those LOR forms. My school does not send pre-med committee letters, but they do collect your LORs and file them and then send them out to the schools you specify. Now that I am receiving secondaries and getting these forms, I dont know what to do. I do not want my profs to have to re-write the letters using these forms. Will it be ok to just have the letters sent from the pre-med office as-is? Any adivce?

i wouldn't worry about the forms - they understand if you can't - i don't even think they are preferable in any way. don't sweat it.

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Nevada had LOR forms last year.

I'm sure it would be alright if you didn't use the forms. But to be certain, just call the admissions offices and ask.

I didn't use those forms last year for any of the 23 schools I applied to, and it was not a problem.

The admissions lady at UWVaSOM said that the forms must accompany the letters, or else they will not be considered. She was really nice, and told me that she would allow me to just have the professors fill out the forms and that she would attach them to the letters. Hopefully none of my other schools have this requirement.

I've heard that many schools don't expect you to do all the forms, and many people who get interviews without them. However, I think it depends on the particular school.

I can't imagine that any med school admissions office would "throw away" unsolicited LOR. Umich doesn't.