Quantcast

Schools that only use pre-req. GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rx27563

Hopefully 08'
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
i know that Wingate does this and to be honest its such a lifesaver because my overall GPA is like a 2.8-2.9 but my pre-req. GPA is like 3.42. HUGE difference! do you think all pharmacy schools take pre-req GPA into consideration? i mean i dont think its fair to hold a senior w/ over 110 hours to the same standard as sophmores with only 30 hours.

Dr.Biassi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Most schools consider the prerequisites courses GPA. However if you are senoir or have a bachelor they look at your overall and also the consistency in your year by year GPA. If you are able to maintain a certain line of GPA that looks good for your application. For instance you are able to maintain a 3.00 for four year but your science GPA is like 3.42. Then you have a pretty good chance to get in

NDGirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know no one here really talks much about North Dakota State University much, but since I'm from ND, I know for a fact that they only look at pre-req GPA.

rx27563

Hopefully 08'
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know no one here really talks much about North Dakota State University much, but since I'm from ND, I know for a fact that they only look at pre-req GPA.

Thanks a lot! i really wish there was a complete list available but i havent had any luck finding one yet.