Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Schools that only use pre-req. GPA?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by rx27563, Feb 14, 2007.

1. rx27563

rx27563 Hopefully 08'
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    i know that Wingate does this and to be honest its such a lifesaver because my overall GPA is like a 2.8-2.9 but my pre-req. GPA is like 3.42. HUGE difference! do you think all pharmacy schools take pre-req GPA into consideration? i mean i dont think its fair to hold a senior w/ over 110 hours to the same standard as sophmores with only 30 hours.

2. Dr.Biassi

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    Most schools consider the prerequisites courses GPA. However if you are senoir or have a bachelor they look at your overall and also the consistency in your year by year GPA. If you are able to maintain a certain line of GPA that looks good for your application. For instance you are able to maintain a 3.00 for four year but your science GPA is like 3.42. Then you have a pretty good chance to get in

3. NDGirl

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I know no one here really talks much about North Dakota State University much, but since I'm from ND, I know for a fact that they only look at pre-req GPA.

4. OP
    OP
    rx27563

rx27563 Hopefully 08'
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thanks a lot! i really wish there was a complete list available but i havent had any luck finding one yet.