Schools that only use pre-req. GPA?

Started by rx27563
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rx27563

Hopefully 08'
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i know that Wingate does this and to be honest its such a lifesaver because my overall GPA is like a 2.8-2.9 but my pre-req. GPA is like 3.42. HUGE difference! do you think all pharmacy schools take pre-req GPA into consideration? i mean i dont think its fair to hold a senior w/ over 110 hours to the same standard as sophmores with only 30 hours.
 
Most schools consider the prerequisites courses GPA. However if you are senoir or have a bachelor they look at your overall and also the consistency in your year by year GPA. If you are able to maintain a certain line of GPA that looks good for your application. For instance you are able to maintain a 3.00 for four year but your science GPA is like 3.42. Then you have a pretty good chance to get in
 
I know no one here really talks much about North Dakota State University much, but since I'm from ND, I know for a fact that they only look at pre-req GPA.
 
I know no one here really talks much about North Dakota State University much, but since I'm from ND, I know for a fact that they only look at pre-req GPA.

Thanks a lot! i really wish there was a complete list available but i havent had any luck finding one yet.