schools that only view best mcats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scarfscarfscarf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
does any know them by memory? i know GW does.

Members don't see this ad.

Just call each schools individually.

is that really the best option? there are about too many schools to make that even a viable option

Members don't see this ad :)
is that really the best option? there are about too many schools to make that even a viable option

131 Medical Schools (but do you have a list that might narrow it down?)

131 Schools
x 3.5 Min
_________
458.5 Min

Around 7 hours...

So make a list of the schools you want to apply to and then call them

does any know them by memory? i know GW does.

Very few actually do that. Off the top of my head, only GWU and Tennesse do that I think, most schools take your latest MCAT score regardless of which one is the highest. And a few take the average composite scores (so if you took the MCAT and got a 28 and then a 34, the medical school will average to be 32).

Why would they average it.. so stupid

Don't know - I guess they don't want you to be taking it 5 times in hopes of getting lucky. The schools that average your scores are few though. Most schools simply take your latest MCAT score unless they say otherwise.

I think public schools would be more likely to pick the best scores since they are more numbers oriented.

Are you asking which schools cherry pick the best section scores or best overall score from a given test? For example having a 3/14/5 one time, then a 14/3/6, and then a 3/5/14 the last time to give a score of 42? Or taking the best overall score from each of these which would be 23? Yes, I realize this is an absurd example. I think GWU uses the first method described here, whereas many more medical schools will probably use the second method. I've never heard of a school averaging MCAT scores.