Schools That Require More Than FAFSA Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PBMaxx

MS4
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's start a thread giving our fellow SDNers a "heads up" to which schools require fin aid paperwork in addition to the FAFSA, and hey for ****s and giggles add whether or not they require parental information.

Members don't see this ad.

MCW requires that you complete FAFSA and also their internal financial aid form. They don't require you to give your parental info on FAFSA, but ask for it on their internal form (they ask how much assistance your parents will give).

Ros Franklin (chicago med) indicates on their financial aid process to fill out the FAFSA,Stafford Master Promissory Note, and Medloans app

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Maryland has a separate form you need to fill out.

UCLA requires FAFSA, Need Access (costs $15), an internal financial aid form, and certification of your filed tax form.

FAFSA: okay to leave out parental income info

For full consideration of grants & scholarships, UCLA requires parental income info to be entered in Need Access (your parents have their own section they can log onto and fill out), as well as certification of filed tax forms from both you and your parents. Even if you're over 30 and have been financially independent for many years.

If, on the other hand, you're only interested in applying for loans, no parental info is required.

wake forest also requires the CSS profile, which includes parental info.

Univ. Cincinnati:
FAFSA
Need Access (voluntary, but req. for institutional aid)
UC internal aid form
MPN from preferred Stafford Lender
tax forms and W2s from you and your parents

I was surprised with how many forms they want, but it's a state school...

BU.....requires lots of additional info!! A big pain.

Do I really need to have my dad fill out a non-custodial parent form, when I am completely independent? The form asks whether I am living with my mother, my father, or do I alternate between? There is no box for I live on my own! I am 31!!

Sorry....a little frustrated....Maybe Sunday night isn't the best night to attack this stuff....Has anybody else had their non-custodial parent fill out such a form?

Thank you!!