Schools that screen pre-secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kuba

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find which schools screen pre-sec?

Members don't see this ad.

i know the tucoms do (nv and mi)

I know DMU does. However, I think that most of the schools have some sort of screening process pre-secondary. Most of the time it is just screening to be sure you are above the minimum GPA requirement.

Members don't see this ad :)
So the informations isnt available somewhere on the internet? I checked AACOM and couldnt find it. By the way kritter, i love boondock saints.

DRKUBA said:
So the informations isnt available somewhere on the internet? I checked AACOM and couldnt find it. By the way kritter, i love boondock saints.

some of the schools have the info on their websites - like touro-nv

UNECOM did not send a secondary to me until after getting my MCAT scores. I received an email stating they only give out the link to the online secondary application if you you get above an 18M on the MCAT. No idead if GPAs are screened.

HunterGatherer said:
UNECOM did not send a secondary to me until after getting my MCAT scores. I received an email stating they only give out the link to the online secondary application if you you get above an 18M on the MCAT. No idead if GPAs are screened.

So they also screen writing samples.

DRKUBA said:
Is your numeric score high? I'd say that if the numer is high and your PS is good then you can def talk them into giving you an exception.

GPA 3.81
MCAT 25L
Volunteered in ER for four months and have been working full time throughout my undergrad.

I am not great writer. Besides, I could not read or write English until I was 15.

Thanks for suggestion.

Doc2007 said:
GPA 3.81
MCAT 25L
Volunteered in ER for four months and have been working full time throughout my undergrad.

I am not great writer. Besides, I could not read or write English until I was 15.
Thanks for suggestion.

I heard schools take that into consideration sometimes.