1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Schools That Send Confimation Notices

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Curci, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Curci

Curci The Master Chief
    7+ Year Member

Do all of the schools send out confirmation notices when your application is complete? There are a handful of schools that I know should have received my LORs, but they haven't contacted me to say my application is complete. I specifically am concerned about Mt. Sinai, NYU, and Temple. Has anyone received a confirmation notice via US mail or email from any of these schools?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. I am concerned about mt sinai and nyu as well. My app should be complete but I haven't received confirmation from them.

Also, does anyone know if columbia sends out confirmations?

4. CaNEM

CaNEM Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Yes, via email.

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

It takes schools some time after your LOR's (or whatever) arrive to open the mail and get it into files and then notify you as to the status of your file. All schools will notify you in some way, but some offices are much less efficient than others. It often takes a couple of weeks (or longer) than when you think the app should be complete. You just have to be patient. Imagine the volume of mail they are receiving! I sent out everything last year either Express (which can be tracked) or with delivery confirmation just for peace of mind. Of course, for LOR's this won't work. If too much time goes by and you don't hear anything, you can always call the admissions office.