calrx

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2005
566
0
Status
Resident [Any Field]
For those of you who took the October PCAT and are also planning on taking the January PCAT, are you notifying the schools you applied to (well, the ones that accept the Jan PCAT) that you are going to be retaking it? I'm confused because all of the schools I applied to are waiting on my PCAT scores. I took it in October but think I can do better, so I'm taking it again in Jan. Without knowing, I'm afraid that most schools will go ahead and review my application as soon as they get my Oct PCAT scores. By the time they get my January scores they will have already made a decision about me (regardless of what my Jan score is.) :(

Am I right? What is the best way to handle this?

I didn't even think about this until I received an email from one school giving applicants the option to have their application review placed on "hold" if we wished to use our January scores instead of the Oct ones.
 

calrx

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2005
566
0
Status
Resident [Any Field]
LordOfTheDance said:
Did you contact the individual schools to see if they accept the January PCAT?

Yes, a couple of the schools I applied to do accept the January PCAT... hence where my question stems from...
 
About the Ads

WorcesterPHOBoy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2005
166
0
Status
i did not put i'll take Janurary PCAT on the PharmCAS Application, but i am going to take it...so do I notify the schools or pharmcas?
 

pharmdwannab

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2005
69
0
49
Wingate NC
Status
Pharmacy Student
I did notify the schools I am applying to that I am re-taking the PCAT because I did very very bad. They said that it was fine. The one school that I applied that says they will not take the Jan. test has not responded to me yet. They didn't say that they would hold it until then or not so, I don't know if it even helped!
 

megrxgirl

megrxgirl
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2005
186
0
alabama
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
pharmdwannab said:
I did notify the schools I am applying to that I am re-taking the PCAT because I did very very bad. They said that it was fine. The one school that I applied that says they will not take the Jan. test has not responded to me yet. They didn't say that they would hold it until then or not so, I don't know if it even helped!
Did you contact all your schools via e-mail?
 

eric.noland

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2005
6
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I wouldnt worry about it. Schools will most likely start reviewing applicants after the last date of accepted PCATs
 

pharmdwannab

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2005
69
0
49
Wingate NC
Status
Pharmacy Student
Well actually, one of the schools I applied to is Campbell and Randy told me that I would have time to take the Jan. PCAT. They are "modified rolling" so, my application is complete and they said I should know one way or the other in 6 weeks. I was a bit confused on that because I got the post card about hearing something within 6 weeks before I even got my PCAT scores back so, who knows? According to Randy in admissions I will have time to take it. I just assume that my chances are very small!
 

calrx

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2005
566
0
Status
Resident [Any Field]
megrxgirl said:
Did you contact all your schools via e-mail?

I guess that is the best way to do it. I'm just curious as to how schools handle this issue, because I know many many people are going to be taking the January exam.

Anyone who's in the same position and gets a response from a school, please post what they said... maybe we can all help each other out a little by sharing some info.

I know Campbell requests that you write a formal letter to them stating your plan to take the January test.
 
About the Ads