Schools verifying work/ activity experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kev1n

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN,

My supervisor from the place I work will be leaving next month and I am wondering if it is necessary for me to have her write a letter saying how long and what I did when I worked for her. When do Med schools request for this information or do they at all? Appreciate the help!

Members don't see this ad.

kev1n said:
Hi SDN,

My supervisor from the place I work will be leaving next month and I am wondering if it is necessary for me to have her write a letter saying how long and what I did when I worked for her. When do Med schools request for this information or do they at all? Appreciate the help!

I don't remember the schools ask a letter to prove. You just fill in the number of hours and the place that you work/volunteer. Hey, but if your supervisor can write a letter, just take it. I did.

kev1n said:
Hi SDN,

I doubt they will require this info. The company I work for has a policy against it, so I am screwed myself if they ask for it (I really hate corporate HQ, bunch of d!ckheads).

kev1n said:
Hi SDN,

You don't need to worry about it.