Schools with automatic secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwnduke

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my AMCAS September 3, and have since recieved secondaries in two waves; some in the first week, and then two today. I expect that the early ones wre just automatic, and sent to everyone who applied on AMCAS. I am wondering if the two I recieved today were screened or not?!? Does anyone know what the process is at these schools:

Boston University
Drexel Univeristy
Duke
East Carolina University
George Washington University
Harvard University
New York Medical College
SUNY Downstate
Tulane Univeristy
University of North Carolina
University of Vermont
Virginia Commonwealth University (sent me an email stating that 2600 secondaries will be sent, out of 5000 applicants, will take a few weeks to decide)
Wake Forest University

Thanks,
jwnduke

Members don't see this ad.

jwnduke said:
I submitted my AMCAS September 3, and recieved secondaries in two waves; some in the first week, and then two today. I expect that the early ones wre just automatic, and sent to everyone who applied on AMCAS. I am wondering if the two I recieved today were screened or not?!? Does anyone know what the process is at these schools:

Boston University
Drexel Univeristy
Duke
East Carolina University
Harvard University
New York Medical College
SUNY Downstate
Tulane Univeristy
University of Vermont
Virginia Commonwealth University (sent me an email stating that 2600 secondaries will be sent, out of 5000 applicants, will take a few weeks to decide)
Wake Forest University

Thanks,
jwnduke

from that list only VCU and Wake Forest screen, as far as i know. If you got secondaries two days later, thats still very early and means that they probably dont screen. The screened ones I got took several weeks. Most schools don't screen.
-mota

Thanks. Two weeks, not two days, but I understand that it should take some time. I did not realize that most schools do not screen. Any more info from anyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
The two waves of secondaries you got were probably those schools that send them out atuomatically before verification by amcas (you got those the first week), and those who send them out automatically after verification (you got those today), with more to trickle in.

Screened ones will take maybe a month or two after verification, but you only have a couple of these on your list.

any out of staters heard from UNC? just wondering...

jwnduke said:
I submitted my AMCAS September 3, and have since recieved secondaries in two waves; some in the first week, and then two today. I expect that the early ones wre just automatic, and sent to everyone who applied on AMCAS. I am wondering if the two I recieved today were screened or not?!? Does anyone know what the process is at these schools:

Boston University
Drexel Univeristy
Duke
East Carolina University
Harvard University
New York Medical College
SUNY Downstate
Tulane Univeristy
University of Vermont
Wake Forest University

Thanks,
jwnduke

If VCU sends out 2600 secondaries, does anyone know how many interviews they give?