Schools with conditional acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btpayne13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any universities that offer conditional acceptance into their dental school after maintaining a certain GPA and/or other requirements during undergraduate studies?

Members don't see this ad.

Several school have joint programs. I know SIU and UIC both do this. You still have to take the DAT and do well on it though.

Yeah, those are the two that I knew of. A college in my hometown has agreements with SIU and University of Iowa dental schools after undergraduate studies. You also have to score on the national average with the DAT, but that's probably not too hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think Buffalo has one.

UNLV has a fast-track program into their dental school. Maintain a certain GPA and get the national average on the DAT and you can finish your undergrad during dental school. But you have to be attending UNLV for undergrad as far as I know.

Are there any universities that offer conditional acceptance into their dental school after maintaining a certain GPA and/or other requirements during undergraduate studies?

UTHSCSA has a 7 year program with UTSA. 3 years undergrad + 4 years DS.

marquette dental has a 7 year program.. you apply your freshman or sophomore year and have a guaranteed spot if you maintain gpa and do well enough on your DAT.

I'd love to go to school in Milwaukee or maybe even Las Vegas (the West is such a beautiful area). Is UNLV a good school, particularly a good dental school? It's just that the terms Las Vegas and University seem antipodal to me.

Any info on UNLV and living in Vegas?