Schools With No Secondaries Essays - DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anishsoni

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw that the allopathic forums had a list of schools with no essays for their secondaries so I was thinking it would be nice to know the same thing for osteopathic schools as well.

Members don't see this ad.

LECOM and Nova. WVSOM is awesome because they only require a secondary if you get an interview. Just make sure they have the rest of your application.

I think a great way to go is to get the RVU secondary questions and complete them as if you are applying there. You will be able to answer/formulate responses to ANY secondary essay based upon those essays.

I found the essays from KYCOM, LMU-DCOM, and ATSU to be similar. And WVSOM and OU-HCOM to be similar.

PCOM's is the most difficult because it asks for so much within a very concise essay. But the question for Philly and Georgia is the same.

Happy writing! And good luck :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
any more schools?
From what I read the schools with no essays only biographical info are

LECOM-Bradenton
NOVA
LECOM-Erie
Touro-NY (they just charge you 200 dollar fee)-- for NY campus
also DMU

LECOM-Bradenton
NOVA
LECOM-Erie
also DMU

False. Touro NY has a lengthy, detailed prompt.
Tuoro-NV is the one with no essay! :luck:

LECOM-Bradenton
NOVA
LECOM-Erie
also DMU

Although Nova (or NSU, not NOVA) doesn't have an essay it is not just simply biographical info. They also ask you to list and briefly (super brief, like one sentence) describe your ECs. There are some other questions like if you personally are acquainted with a DO, etc.

False. Touro NY has a lengthy, detailed prompt.
Tuoro-NV is the one with no essay! :luck:

Although Nova (or NSU, not NOVA) doesn't have an essay it is not just simply biographical info. They also ask you to list and briefly (super brief, like one sentence) describe your ECs. There are some other questions like if you personally are acquainted with a DO, etc.
I apologize, I'll update my spreadsheet b/c I vaguely put a column for "Schools w/ no Essay'ed' Secondaries"

Thanks for the corrections :p

I apologize, I'll update my spreadsheet b/c I vaguely put a column for "Schools w/ no Essay'ed' Secondaries"

Thanks for the corrections :p

You're welcome :D

When did/are you apply/ing?

You're welcome :D

When did/are you apply/ing?
This was supposed to be my cycle..... but I chickened out on taking my MCAT earlier this year so I'm waiting until next year. (Mixed feelings, but I know it's for the best! /optimistic)

This was supposed to be my cycle..... but I chickened out on taking my MCAT earlier this year so I'm waiting until next year. (Mixed feelings, but I know it's for the best! /optimistic)

Don't be discouraged. A lot of premeds rush into the MCAT and that's not really ideal for everyone. Some end up suffering. If you know it's for the best then run with it and don't look back. Good luck! And thanks again for that screenshot of how to use the search bar, it's awesome!

LECOM and Nova. WVSOM is awesome because they only require a secondary if you get an interview. Just make sure they have the rest of your application.

I think a great way to go is to get the RVU secondary questions and complete them as if you are applying there. You will be able to answer/formulate responses to ANY secondary essay based upon those essays.

I found the essays from KYCOM, LMU-DCOM, and ATSU to be similar. And WVSOM and OU-HCOM to be similar.

PCOM's is the most difficult because it asks for so much within a very concise essay. But the question for Philly and Georgia is the same.

Happy writing! And good luck :)

What and where is this "RVU" secondary questions list?

Here are RVU's secondaries:
Why do you want to become an Osteopathic physician?
Why do you wish to attend Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine?
What unique characteristics, abilities, or skill will you bring to the college and to the Osteopathic profession?

only thing is there is no word or character limit? anyone have any idea?

Here are RVU's secondaries:
Why do you want to become an Osteopathic physician?
Why do you wish to attend Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine?
What unique characteristics, abilities, or skill will you bring to the college and to the Osteopathic profession?

only thing is there is no word or character limit? anyone have any idea?

I feel like there were more last year...?