Schools with winter 2010 start dates?

Started by chagheill
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chagheill

Edinburgh 2013
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out. I'm looking for a list of schools that offer start dates beyond the usual Fall; and which, if any, I haven't missed the application deadline for already 🙂
 
You have not missed any deadlines for 2010 start dates as far as I know. All US schools have the same deadline give or take a week or so.

Basically, the deadline for vet schools starting in 2010 (and they all start in the summer as far as I know) is ~October, 2009.

You will need to fill out a standardized application via https://portal.vmcas.org/ onces its back online for new applicants. There are a few schools that are outside the VMCAS system, and for them you have to fill out school specific applications. I do not know what those schools are specifically (I think A&M and Western, but sure there are 1-2 more).

Hope I was of some help.
 
I think this person is asking about starting school in the winter quarter/spring semester and if they could apply to begin in January.

The only places that have this, OP, are some international schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, I mean what Nyanko said; sorry for the confusion.

The only schools I'm aware of that offer the staggered start dates are the Caribbean schools; I was wondering if there were perhaps others.

My lone application has been to my provincial school here in Canada; I got an interview but it is more than a month away and acceptances / rejections aren't made until end of June. I just discovered SDN and this wonderful resource made me realize that perhaps I should have applied to more than one school. Now I'm starting to think that perhaps it would be a good idea to get applications in elsewhere for Jan / Feb 2010 in case I don't get in.
 
Look to schools in Australia and New Zealand, too, several of which are AVMA-accredited (Massey, Murdoch, Melbourne, Sydney?). Their terms begin around February, I believe.

No school in the U.S. has a winter start date. (Someone can correct me if I'm wrong).
 
I have a friend who started at melbourne in australia this february. I'm not sure when the app is due, I'm sure it's not for a while, but you could look into that.