Schools you turned down

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fmbzp5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to start the thread that Julianne suggested.

Just list any schools that you were accepted to and turned down. This may give hope to those waitlisted and are extremely stressed out by it. I figure setting it up like the list going on for wall of shame would be an easy organized way of handling it so I'm going to cut and paste that list (removing the names of course) just add your school if not present. I know people could look at the roll call but this might still be helpful :)

Albany:
University of Appalachia:
Campbell:Ashphrodite, Lomikhay
Charleston: emole123
Creighton:
Idaho State:
ISU:
Ferris State: sleazye
Kentucky:acetyl
LECOM:
Loma Linda:polarBear21
MCPHS-Worcester:
Mercer: Lurkerkat, Ashphrodite
Michigan: acetyl
Midwestern-CCP: bootymuncher, JJRAZ, h2oisgood4u
Midwestern-CPG: az_drugdlr, JJRAZ, PolarBear21
Minnesota: JJRAZ
Ohio State: acetyl
Oregon State:
Pacific:
PBA:
Purdue:
Samford:Ashphrodite
Shenandoah:
Southern Illinois-Edwardsville:
Texas A&M:
Touro: PolarBear21
UCSD:
UCSF:
University of Arizona:
University of Colorado:
University of Iowa: omnione
University of Kentucky:
University of Pitt: Lomikhay
University of Wyoming:
UOP:
USC:
Washington State:
WESTERN U:
West Virginia: Lomikhay
Wingate: omnione

Members don't see this ad.

Ill change my post to make it less bulky...
im already added to charleston....

Members don't see this ad :)
Albany:
Campbell:
Creighton:
Idaho State:
ISU:
LECOM:
Loma Linda:
MCPHS-Worcester:
Mercer:
Midwestern-CCP: bootymuncher
Minnesota:
Ohio State:
Oregon State:
Pacific:
PBA:
Purdue:
Samford:
Shenandoah:
Texas A&M:
Touro:
UCSD:
UCSF:
University of Colorado:
UOP:
USC:
University of Arizona:
University of Kentucky:
University of Wyoming:
Washington State:
WESTERN U:
West Virginia:[/QUOTE]

Add me to Midwestern Glendale

Frank,

Since you don't have anything else to do and always on this site :p, just have people ask you to add them to the list and you can just go back to the original list and edit it instead of copying and pasting each time. It just looks so bulky and heavy. What do you think?

Frank,

Since you don't have anything else to do and always on this site :p, just have people ask you to add them to the list and you can just go back to the original list and edit it instead of copying and pasting each time. It just looks so bulky and heavy. What do you think?

Yeah, that would make it easier to see the newest list instead of having to go to the last page and search for the post.

Albany:
Campbell:
Creighton:
Idaho State:
ISU:
LECOM:
Loma Linda:
MCPHS-Worcester:
Mercer: Lurkerkat
Midwestern-CCP: bootymuncher
Midwestern-CPG: az_drugdlr
Minnesota:
Ohio State:
Oregon State:
Pacific:
PBA:
Purdue:
Samford:
Shenandoah:
Texas A&M:
Touro:
UCSD:
UCSF:
University of Colorado:
UOP:
USC:
University of Arizona:
University of Kentucky:
University of Wyoming:
Washington State:
WESTERN U:
West Virginia:

Please add me to...

Midwestern-CPG
Midwestern-CCP
University of Minnesota

You can find a complete list on "Roll Call"

Frank,

Fine I guess I can do that :)

Members don't see this ad :)
You can find a complete list on "Roll Call"

That's true but you really can't tell when they declined the spot on the RC thread. I think as things get "down to the wire" this list would be a good way for those who are waitlisted (or waiting on a response period) to see who is turning down their particular schools and when ...it might give some hope, anyway.

I trully believe that this section will give hopes to many who are waiting...includine me....

I know I'm waiting for loads of people to decline the schools I've interviewed at.:eek: Checking the Wall of shame frequently to.:( Selfish I know, but darn it, I want in.:idea:

Mercer, Campbell, and Declined Interview at Samford.

university of oklahoma didn't feel like they wanted to interview me, but it all worked out ok.

add me to midwestern-ccp, please. thanks!

Ohio State, Michigan, and Kentucky

Loma Linda, Touro, Midwestern-CPG

R u guys turning dwn these schools or u r telling to add to these schools...???

Little confused here....

PS = > Upss sorry.... I got it

R u guys turning dwn these schools or u r telling to add to these schools...???

Little confused here....

I am adding people to the list of schools they were accepted to but will not attend thus making spaces available for those on the waitlist.

I'm confused.. what do you mean by "to add to these schools"?

I thought this thread was "schools your turned down" so I was asking to be added to the list for the schools I listed because I turned them down.

:confused:

Edit.. ok nvm.. its all cleared up =) And thanks for adding me fmbzp5

please add me to:

u of pitt, campbell, charleston wv

Please add me to University of Iowa and Wingate.

If anybody from those schools who were a part of the admissions process is reading this, I'd like you to all know that I came away impressed from both schools where I could have seen myself being very happy with my time there.

To modify the words of a rejection letter, "Because of the high number of exceptionally competitive schools I have applied to this year, the selection process has been unusually difficult and I had to choose only one school from a number of academically and aesthetically qualified institutions" Don't ask where the original comment originated please.:)

However, I don't mean this in a generic way as I do feel bad for turning down schools. When I first started out applying to schools, I didn't think many schools would take a chance with a guy like me who had obvious liabilities. It was an honor and privilege to be considered by all the schools that invited me for their interviews and I am grateful that they took a chance on me over other qualified applicants.

However, I don't mean this in a generic way as I do feel bad for turning down schools. When I first started out applying to schools, I didn't think many schools would take a chance with a guy like me who had obvious liabilities. It was an honor and privilege to be considered by all the schools that invited me for their interviews and I am grateful that they took a chance on me over other qualified applicants.

I Totally agree... turning down Midwestern was VERY VERY difficult for me, sometimes I even have second doubts.. I just really liked the school and was really grateful they took a chance with me and accepted me because my stats aren't really stellar.

everything has been updated thus far. If I made any mistakes please let me know.